• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Bubble

I would like to understand how Indiana State is rated so highly in the NET.

They are 15 spots behind WF in KP

They are 4 spots behind WF in Torvik

They have three wins over Torvik top-100 teams (two vs Bradley, one vs Drake)

They are 11 spots ahead of WF (one spot ahead of Clemson) in the NET going into today.

Whatever the secret sauce is in the NET…they juiced it. Good for them.
They have three top 100 wins all season. Pitt has three top 100 wins in March alone.

2:30 and yes, should be on the ESPN app. Game is on ESPN so if you have YouTubeTV/HuluLive you can watch it there too.
Thanks, but I am DONE with this so-called team. They've QUIT! I CANNOT and WILL NOT sit through another second of this abortion of a season.

Hopefully the VT-FSU game doesn't run long. I'll be watching in the office and don't want to get stuck here past 5:00.

there was a pretty decent interval, starting in 1982, in which the semifinals were on Saturday (and WF played in a few of those)

They have three top 100 wins all season. Pitt has three top 100 wins in March alone.
Where can we sign up to go play Bradley a few times to rack up some sweet Quad 1 wins?

Bradley has one win over Torvik's top 100 teams this season - a home OT win over Utah State (from the MWC!!!!!!!!) on November 11

Bradley is 1-6 against Torvik's top 100. Their top 100 losses:

to Indiana State (home and away)
to Drake (home, away and neutral)
to Duquesne (neutral)

there was a pretty decent interval, starting in 1982, in which the semifinals were on Saturday (and WF played in a few of those)
Yep. From 1982 to 2014 the ACCT Semifinals were on Saturday and the Final on Sunday. Wake made the semis in 1982, 1984, 1987, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2006.

I miss the old format with Quarterfinals on Friday at 12:00, 2:30, 7:00, and 9:30; Semifinals on Saturday at 1:00 and 3:30; Final on Sunday at 1:00. Quarterfinal Friday was almost like a holiday.

In 1978, the quarterfinals were on Wednesday, Semifinals on Thursday, and Final was on Saturday.

Thanks, but I am DONE with this so-called team. They've QUIT! I CANNOT and WILL NOT sit through another second of this abortion of a season.

Hopefully the VT-FSU game doesn't run long. I'll be watching in the office and don't want to get stuck here past 5:00.

The only thing missing from this is asking to borrow another poster's ESPN login info

That's still not right, though. I'm not saying getting to the ACCT finals is likely, but there's still a viable PATH™ to make the tournament. We can still get in only making the semis.
It is true if we win out, we are in.

Yep. From 1982 to 2014 the ACCT Semifinals were on Saturday and the Final on Sunday. Wake made the semis in 1982, 1984, 1987, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2006.

I miss the old format with Quarterfinals on Friday at 12:00, 2:30, 7:00, and 9:30; Semifinals on Saturday at 1:00 and 3:30; Final on Sunday at 1:00. Quarterfinal Friday was almost like a holiday.

In 1978, the quarterfinals were on Wednesday, Semifinals on Thursday, and Final was on Saturday.
Your teacher rolling in the TV into your classroom so you could watch the games in school...... Oh man that was the PEAK of livin. They were better times.

Best Friday of the school year. And it wasn't even close.

Just counting down until noon all morning. Everyone was on their best behavior because nobody wanted to fuck that up for anybody else.

For the camp that feels a third win is a necessity, do you believe that wouldn’t be the case if oh boy misses the last shot in GT game?
Yes—personally I think that had we beat GT, we’d only need 2 this week. That said, after 2022, who the heck knows. Maybe we’d need 3 wins this week either way.

I applaud those of y’all with the resolve to still have some belief. Not sure I could take the disappointment again this week.

Back