• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Case for Nathan Hatch

They don't recruit at UNC or WFU. They get applicants from referrals and they look at Wake much different than UNC. I'd guess that UNC places the same number of kids in top firms as Wake but has 5x the student body.

I can speak for one "top firm" and assure you that you're wrong. My company, which competes directly with one of the firms listed in your post for both work and employees, has an orchestrated recruiting effort at UNC, along with numerous other, comparable public schools. There are certainly more UNC grads at my firm than Wake grads, although that probably isn't the case if you adjust for size of student body.

That's just bad luck on your part.

Ask them if they know Bill Harrison, former chairman and chief executive officer of JPMorgan Chase & Co....and proud UNC Tar Heel.

And also a graduate of the Harvard Business School..which is likely far more relevant to his JPMorgan career.

Not any more

I had no idea. Jeebus I'm getting old and disconnected with the youth. I had an apartment on West End which was 1300 square feet for $750/month. That place would easily go for $5k in Manhattan. O well, get off my lawn.

And also a graduate of the Harvard Business School..which is likely far more relevant to his JPMorgan career.

I'd wager that there are more managing directors from wake at jpm than unc.

Jim Woolery certainly made an impact.

Last edited:
I didn't realize that room and board was the only cost of living. Damn me and my need to eat, drink and do anything but sit in a shitty dorm room.

Just popped in to laugh at this. English courses -- those supposedly not worth the price of admission -- might have been useful in improving your knowledge of words, and in particular the meaning of one fundamental to this post.

Just saw that James O'Connell of Wake Forest, has won a Rhodes scholarship.

Back