• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Electoral College

lesbihonest- we all like the system that gets "our guy/gal" elected. Criticism / support follows predictably.

There has never been such a disconnect from popular to ec voting like this election. It should concern both sides and anybody who cares about true representative government. We are as far away from that right now as we have been in my lifetime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The electoral college did exactly what is was designed to do, and people are so very salty about it. The EC isn't broken it is working.

this will be the best christmas in the rust belt since the 70s

The membership agreement at doofus' country club?

I'm a member there and the agreement basically says don't wear denim on the course, don't race the golf carts, and don't pee facing the traffic on #1 tee.

Carts have governors on 'em anyway. No fun to race.

The framers probably would have actually loved Trump. Rich old bastard like them.

this will be the best christmas in the rust belt since the 70s

And the worst next four years for workers other than the Depression and W's terms. Trump's position on BKing the US auto industry to cut wages and benefits could be used all over that area. He's the most anti-employee POTUS we've had in half a century and maybe ever. The Secretary of Commerce is one of the ultimate vulture capitalists. He made his billions by buying companies, selling assets and firing people. The Secretary of Labor is against providing anything over rudimentary benefits, cut hours to avoid having to give employees benefits and wants no minimum wage which would drive down everyone's pay. The POTUS and Sec. of Labor oppose many employee safety standards.

Then there is the Secretary of Education who doesn't really believe in public education and has no experience in the field.

Almost forgot. the POTUS loves the rust belt so much that has been using foreign almost exclusively for decades. That helps with jobs there.

Yep, those in the rust belt should look forward to a great four years.

And the worst next four years for workers other than the Depression and W's terms. Trump's position on BKing the US auto industry to cut wages and benefits could be used all over that area. He's the most anti-employee POTUS we've had in half a century and maybe ever. The Secretary of Commerce is one of the ultimate vulture capitalists. He made his billions by buying companies, selling assets and firing people. The Secretary of Labor is against providing anything over rudimentary benefits, cut hours to avoid having to give employees benefits and wants no minimum wage which would drive down everyone's pay. The POTUS and Sec. of Labor oppose many employee safety standards.

Then there is the Secretary of Education who doesn't really believe in public education and has no experience in the field.

Almost forgot. the POTUS loves the rust belt so much that has been using foreign almost exclusively for decades. That helps with jobs there.

Yep, those in the rust belt should look forward to a great four years.

please link me the fake news site you got that from

Nah, we don't have to like a system that gets our guy/gal elected in spite of the system.

giphy.gif

please link me the fake news site you got that from

What part of it?

Trump has had many suits brought against him for screwing employees. He DID say he wanted to BK the US auto industry and hire fewer people back at much lower pay/benefits. Trump used going BK to get out of paying agreed upon wages as well as allowing him to steal from people. He is currently using Chinese steel at his DC hotel rather US products. This is all public knowledge.

Ross did make his billions as a vulture capitalist.

The Secretary of Labor has often spoken out against the minimum wage.

Look up Devos' stance on public education.

It's not my faulty that you are ignorant of Trump's top people. Being willfully ignorant is the perfect description of millions of Trump voters.

Back