• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Electoral College

It has never risen to the level of SC signif icance. When I read article 2 and Amendment 12 I certainly reached the conclusion that the intent was that the elector was free to vote for whomever he or she wanted to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Are they free to vote however they want after they promise to vote a certain way. Rights can be waived, can't they?

We accepted the loss on Nov. 9, we're not the ones still fighting the shadow of a private citizen instead of taking responsibility for what we just did.

not sure what to say if you believe this.

The outcome of this election has been decided long time ago. Really has nothing to do with whether the electors are constitutionally protected in their ability to vote for whoemver they want to. I know this level of nuance is a little above your pay grade.

I am the worst typist but I love when arrogant elitists talk about pay grades and make errors. It warms my heart.

Are they free to vote however they want after they promise to vote a certain way. Rights can be waived, can't they?
I see nothing in the Constitution about any pledge requirement. I mean if the vote is perfunctory under penalty of law then the whole concept of electors is meaningless. I find it strange that people who strenuously argue original intent over a vague constitutional declaration couldn't clearly see the original intent in an area of the Constitution that is much more procedural in nature.

1:44 – Donald Trump, 144 | Hillary Clinton, 59 | Bernie Sanders, 1

One of the Maine electors flopped from Clinton to Sanders

I don't think this has been posted yet. SNL takes on Hillary and the Electoral College.

I watched it. It's shocking meaning not shocking.

You watched a 3 minute video in the 2 minutes between your post and mine. Nice work.

You watched a 3 minute video in the 2 minutes between your post and mine. Nice work.

I don't get what you are trying to say. Thanks for posting you video though.

you're a liar!

lol what? I watched snl this weekend. I saw the video. I don't know what you numbnuts are trying to say? Honestly I thought the video was not shocking. I expect this from SNL what is so hard to grasp.

lol what? I watched snl this weekend. I saw the video. I don't know what you numbnuts are trying to say? Honestly I thought the video was not shocking. I expect this from SNL what is so hard to grasp.

as BSF says "agree to disagree"

as BSF says "agree to disagree"

ok. I will. I don't have the energy today. Too much xmas shopping to do. I am so excited today as I have been writing Merry Christmas on every card listening to Its cold outside on volume 10. l Its a great day to be alive everyone.

Back