• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The #FireWellman Billboard: CBSSports, CNNSI, ESPN, Sporting News, SBN, WSJ, Yahoo

If you are a client of Moon how heavily would you scrutinize his billable statement? He has a video of Naz up within seconds of me posting now.

Ugh, I just went straight to the front page. And there it was. I think Yahoo changes their cycle of top stories slightly each time you visit the homepage.

This. I saw it as the headline a couple hours ago. When I went back it had been moved.

I like for every story that is written the author attempts to contact Buzz, Wellman, or even the Athletic Department. That has to be fun for the secretary answering those phone calls.

think the timing of the billboard was kind of perfect. reignites the fire. i hope bzz is crying somewhere.

This. I was kind of worried that this didn't happen soon enough but it does put Wellman back on the hot seat now and he now knows we're not dropping this.

Funny that Odom would "defend" or at least preach patience to a Wake Forest fan-base that recall a slightly different bar of success raised in his first 3 years after the debacle that was Bob Staak:

His first 4 years at Wake:

1989–90 Wake Forest 12–16 3–11 8th
1990–91 Wake Forest 19–11 8–6 T–3rd NCAA Second Round
1991–92 Wake Forest 17–12 7–9 6th NCAA First Round
1992–93 Wake Forest 21–9 10–6 T–3rd NCAA Sweet 16

Even Odom's worst 3 years (not consecutive) are much more palatable than Bzzdelik's at 45-44 and 17-29 against some pretty good ACC competition.

Was Odom just lucky?? Perhaps he had luck on his side with Chill falling in his lap and Rodney selecting Wake, but successful coaching is as much about recruiting as it is coaching as we know. Odom had one "bad" ACC season that wasn't close to .500 and a large percentage of folks were fine with him not being retained in '01. How have our standards sunk so low?? Culture!? You bet it's culture, a culture of complacency, arrogance and over-satiated fat cat donors who apparently are happy to have shiny new digs, great seats and shitty results on the field!

I am doing an interview with Liz Crawford from WFMY2 tomorrow. Liz facebooked messaged me in a panic wanting to run the story tonight but then decided to wait until tomorrow night at 11.

We are so doing this. It will be effective, even if we have to do it during tailgating.

Just because you can't have a plane over the stadium doesn't mean you can't have it adjacent to the stadium in a location that will be highly visible from Deacon Tower. ;)

I was expecting to hear Odom be more supportive of Bzzyboy. Odom gave a good objective interview, showed support for the program, but didn't exactly give a resounding to endorsement to Wellman's decision.

Agree. It definitely wasn't a resounding endorsement. Odom went 12-16 his first year and 19-11, tied for 3rd in the ACC and advanced to the second round of the NCAA's in his second year at Wake. If anyone knows what can be done at Wake, he does. Yet he went out of his way to temper expectations. There's got to be a reason for that.

By making and persisting with this failed hire, Wake Forest has elected to unilaterally disarm, apparently in the name of vanity. Third parties in the developing world have more say in their governance than the Wake Forest fan base does in the operations of its athletic department. The minute Bristol rolled the Brinks truck into town and the ACC structured its finances in a way that says "We don't care if you win, you're still getting paid", then Wake management pushed the DND button on all incoming calls from their now irrelevant fanbase.

Great post. They have made it clear they don't give a crap about what their fans and alums think.

Great post. They have made it clear they don't give a crap about what their fans and alums think.

which is amazing since we pay their salaries. The whole thing with Bz from hiring to now is so ridiculously idiotic and apparently tone deaf, it makes me want to believe that the AD has some hidden master plan to rebuild the program because only that remotely begins to explain his actions. But, applying Occam's Razor, I have to conclude that this is wishful thinking and he's just a tone deaf idiot.

I am doing an interview with Liz Crawford from WFMY2 tomorrow. Liz facebooked messaged me in a panic wanting to run the story tonight but then decided to wait until tomorrow night at 11.
Strattocaster puttin' da team on his back doh. Fuck it, you can't stop him!

(Shout-out to the Greg Jennings dude)

Yeah, I gotta hand it to Stratt. As displeased as I was with the WXII editing of his interview, dude seemed to kill it (outside of the 1500 line).

Good luck tomorrow... But I swear to god if you mention 1500 again I will end you

Back