• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Fix Was in--Bernie never had a chance

If I ever had any doubt that Hillary would make a good President who was able to get things done, the more I read about shady shit like this (which--who knows how accurate any of it is), the more I know she has the stones to get shit done in Washington. The shadier and shittier you are as human, the more likely you are to push things through, I'm jaded enough to say.

If I ever had any doubt that Hillary would make a good President who was able to get things done, the more I read about shady shit like this (which--who knows how accurate any of it is), the more I know she has the stones to get shit done in Washington. The shadier and shittier you are as human, the more likely you are to push things through, I'm jaded enough to say.

That is some cynical shit right there. It must be hard to be a Hillary supporter.

I know many will be skeptical of these confessions of a paid Hillshill:
Just to give you an idea, here are some of the guidelines for our posting in October:
1) Sexism. This was the biggest one we were supposed to push. We had to smear Bernie as misogynistic and out-of-touch with modern sensibilities. He was to be characterized as “an old white male relic that believed women enjoyed being gang raped”. Anyone who tried to object to this characterization would be repeatedly slammed as sexist until they went away or people lost interest.
2) Racism. We were instructed to hammer home how Bernie supporters were all privileged white students that had no idea how the world worked. We had to tout Hillary’s great record with “the blacks” (yes, that’s the actual way it was phrased), and generally use racial identity politics to attack Sanders and bolster Hillary as the only unifying figure.
3) Electability. All of those posts about how Sanders can never win and Hillary is inevitable? Some of those were us, done deliberately in an attempt to demoralize Bernie supporters and convince them to stop campaigning for him. The problem is that this was an outright fabrication and not an accurate assessment of the current political situation. But the truth didn’t matter – we were trying to create a new truth, not to spread the existing truth.
4) Dirty tactics. This is where things got really bad. We were instructed to create narratives of Clinton supporters as being victimized by Sanders supporters, even if they were entirely fabricated. There were different instructions about how to do it, but something like this (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/10/31/1443064/-Dis-heartened-Hillary-Supporter) is a perfect example. These kind of posts are manufactured to divide and demoralize Sanders supporters, and are entirely artificial in nature. (The same thing happened in 2008, but it wasn’t as noticeable before social media and public attention focused on popular forums like Reddit).
5) Opponent outreach. There are several forums and imageboards where Sanders is not very popular (I think you can imagine which ones those are.) We were instructed to make pro-Sanders troll posts to rile up the user base and then try to goad them into raiding or attacking places like this subreddit. This was probably the only area where we only had mixed success, since that particular subset of the population were more difficult to manipulate than we originally thought.
In any case, the final nail in the coffin for me happened last night. I was on an imageboard trying to rile up the Trump-supporting natives with inflammatory Bernie posting, and the sum of responses I received basically argued that at least Bernie was genuine in his belief, even if they disagreed with his positions, which made him infinitely better than the 100% amoral and power-hungry Hillary.
I had one of those “what are you doing with your life” moments. When even the scum of 4chan think that your candidate is too scummy for their tastes, you need to take a good hard look at your life. Then this morning I read that the National Association of Broadcasters were bankrolling both Clinton and Rubio, and that broke the camel’s back. I emailed my resignation this morning.
http://pastebin.com/qqNTbgkx

Leaked Docs Reveal DNC Determined to Undermine Sanders Campaign
WikiLeaks on Friday published roughly 20,000 leaked emails from the Democratic National Committee (DNC).

The whistleblowing organization describes the trove, which includes over 8,000 attachments, as "part one of our new Hillary Leaks series," and is just the latest in a series of document dumps that show the DNC—which, as the The Intercept notes, "isn't supposed to favor one Democratic candidate over another until they receive a nomination"—seeking to bolster the candidacy of the former secretary of state and working against that of rival Bernie Sanders.
WikiLeaks highlighted on Twitter a few of the emails, such as one dated May 21, 2016 from DNC Deputy Communications Director Mark Paustenbach to DNC Communications Director Luis Miranda regarding how to construct an anti-"Bernie narrative" focusing on the fact that he "never ever had his act together."

Another email dated May 5, 2016 (Subject Line: No Shit) from DNC Chief Financial Office Brad Marshall appears to show that the DNC sought to focus on Sanders' supposed atheism as a negative point.

It does not call the Vermont senator by name, but states: "It might may no difference, but for KY and WVA can we get someone to ask his belief. Does he believe in a God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I think I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps. My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist."
no-shit-dnc.jpg

Why is anyone shocked that the DNC supported a life long member rather than someone who just joined the club?

Why is anyone shocked that the DNC supported a life long member rather than someone who just joined the club?

I understand that many Hillary voters feel she has been deserving of an undemocratic coronation since day one, but that's not the way this is supposed to work. Or if it is, DWS and the DNC should have been honest with all the people, most of whom were Dems, that voted for Bernie.

Poor Bernie, so naive.
Wikileaks Proves Primary Was Rigged: DNC Undermined Democracy
Instead of treating Sanders with impartiality, the DNC exhibits resentful disdain toward him

“Wondering if there’s a good Bernie narrative for a story, which is that Bernie never ever had his act together, that his campaign was a mess,” wrote DNC Deputy Communications Director Mark Paustenbach to DNC Communications Director Luis Miranda, in response to backlash over DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz shutting off the Sanders campaign’s access to voter database files.

Another chain reveals MSNBC’s Chuck Todd and DNC staff members discussing how to discredit MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski’s call for Wasserman Schultz to resign.

Most of the emails released come from seven prominent DNC staff members: senior adviser Andrew Wright, national finance director Jordon Kaplan, finance chief of staff Scott Comer, Northern California finance director Robert Stowe, finance director of data and strategic initiatives Daniel Parrish, finance director Allen Zachary and Miranda.

The release provides further evidence the DNC broke its own charter violations by favoring Clinton as the Democratic presidential nominee, long before any votes were cast.
http://observer.com/2016/07/wikileaks-proves-primary-was-rigged-dnc-undermined-democracy/

I understand that many Hillary voters feel she has been deserving of an undemocratic coronation since day one, but that's not the way this is supposed to work. Or if it is, DWS and the DNC should have been honest with all the people, most of whom were Dems, that voted for Bernie.

Coronation.

#thisiswhatdemocracylookslike

C'mon Bob your a bright guy and knew this all along. The fix was in for Hillary since day one; live with it, get past it. Shit happens. Now please don't try to convince anyone that HRC wouldn't make a better President (yes she's terribly flawed we all know that) than that psychopath Dump.

C'mon Bob your a bright guy and knew this all along. The fix was in for Hillary since day one; live with it, get past it. Shit happens. Now please don't try to convince anyone that HRC wouldn't make a better President (yes she's terribly flawed we all know that) than that psychopath Dump.

Nice compliment, but I wouldn't assume anything about Bsf's intelligence.

It is sad that none of you give a fuck that the DNC strategically screwed Bernie, and that this doesn't affect how you view Hillary as a candidate. Jesus. With all this brainwashing about pragmatism being so important you would think Bernie wanted to build a water slide in the White House or something. It must be a sad life when you can't even imagine free state college tuition.

It is sad that none of you give a fuck that the DNC strategically screwed Bernie, and that this doesn't affect how you view Hillary as a candidate. Jesus. With all this brainwashing about pragmatism being so important you would think Bernie wanted to build a water slide in the White House or something. It must be a sad life when you can't even imagine free state college tuition.

Fuck off with your nonsensical platitudes. Honestly, fuck off.

If Bernie went for the win from the start like Trump, then maybe it happens. But Bernie went to be the protest candidate from the start and fell behind as a result.

Caring about the DNC being against Bernie is fucking pointless. If he would have won the votes then it wouldn't have mattered. It isn't like the RNC supported Trump until he won the delegates necessary.

And those "anti-Bernie" emails, at least that I've seen, don't even start until May, long after the campaign was officially over so they were probably just trying to figure out a way to get Bernie to fuck off.

What exactly are you crying about that matters?

I don't share your bullshit jaded attitude towards the blatant bias of the DNC, and I'm definitely not buying the naive implication that DNC bias only started in May just because you read a few articles about a May letter. I also don't give a fuck about the RNC or how they treated Trump. Sanders candidacy was undermined from the start by a DNC that claims to be impartial. Maybe we all already pessimistically presumed it was rigged, but now we have proof and that should fucking mean something. You can't reference the voters decision without recognizing how a rigged system influenced those voters decision, it's the fucking hand in the glove.

Last edited:
I probably could have gotten my point across with less "fucks".

Back