• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Fix Was in--Bernie never had a chance

Do you think the DNC would have been impartial if Jeb Bush would have run as a Democrat?

Do you think the DNC would have been impartial if Jeb Bush would have run as a Democrat?
That's an unreasonable analogy, and I think you know that.

"The DNC defines a presidential candidate as someone who "has accrued delegates in the nominating process and plans to seek the nomination, has established substantial support for his or her nomination as the Democratic candidate for the Office of the President of the United States, is a bona fide Democrat whose record of public service, accomplishment, public writings and/or public statements affirmatively demonstrates that he or she is faithful to the interests, welfare and success of the Democratic Party of the United States, and will participate in the Convention in good faith."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/10/politics/bernie-sanders-democrat-or-independent/

Don't act like Bernie wasn't turtle'y enough for your turtle club.

"Sanders has caucused with the Democratic Party ever since he came to Washington as a congressman in 1991."

"Tad Devine, a Democratic political consultant working with senator, points out that because Sanders has come up politically in Vermont -- a state with no party registration -- there is actually no way for him to register officially as a Democrat. "The mechanism doesn't exist," said Devine"

From wiki:

[h=3]Party affiliation since 2015[/h]In November 2015, Sanders announced that he would be a Democrat from then on, and will run in any future elections as a Democrat.[SUP][162][/SUP][SUP][163][/SUP][SUP][164][/SUP] On February 4, 2016, Sanders said, "Of course I am a Democrat and running for the Democratic nomination."[SUP][165][/SUP] In 2016, many additional sources, such as PBS,[SUP][166][/SUP] The Wall Street Journal,[SUP][167][/SUP] and CBS News[SUP][168][/SUP] described Sanders as a Democrat.
The United States Senate website includes pages that refer to Sanders as an Independent[SUP][169][/SUP] as well as pages that refer to him as a Democrat. Some of the pages calling him a Democrat are dated before 2015, possibly in error or in reference to his caucusing with the Democrats, not his later-declared affiliation.[SUP][170][/SUP] In 2016, his official Senate press releases still referred to him as an Independent,[SUP][171][/SUP][SUP][172][/SUP] or omitted party affiliation.[SUP][173][/SUP]

"Tad Devine, a Democratic political consultant working with senator, points out that because Sanders has come up politically in Vermont -- a state with no party registration -- there is actually no way for him to register officially as a Democrat. "The mechanism doesn't exist," said Devine"

Patrick Leahy and Peter Welch stare quizzically at the 'D' that keeps appearing after their names when watching themselves on C-SPAN .

"Super Delegates" (because the best way to be the party of the average man is to drown out his vote by overweighting the votes of party insiders and Clinton Foundation contributors...it's for the best) and a party leadership actively undermining the candidacy of somebody who meets the qualifications to run for their nomination?

Dems will defend.

Im all for going back to the way things use to be, take money out of campaigns but let the elites pick the representative they want for their party. Maybe more parties rise because of it.

Patrick Leahy and Peter Welch stare quizzically at the 'D' that keeps appearing after their names when watching themselves on C-SPAN .

Those two were elected on the Democratic ticket. For some reason Bernie wins D primaries but then declines the ballot line.

Im all for going back to the way things use to be, take money out of campaigns but let the elites pick the representative they want for their party. Maybe more parties rise because of it.

St. Ronnie Reagan had no problem with public financing of campaigns.

If I ever had any doubt that Hillary would make a good President who was able to get things done, the more I read about shady shit like this (which--who knows how accurate any of it is), the more I know she has the stones to get shit done in Washington. The shadier and shittier you are as human, the more likely you are to push things through, I'm jaded enough to say.

This is why I've been saying the whole time. It's not cynicism; it's wisdom.

How many times did he run for office as a Democrat?

"Sanders has caucused with the Democratic Party ever since he came to Washington as a congressman in 1991."

So to be clear, that's zero times he ran for office as democrat prior to 2015?

So to be clear, that's zero times he ran for office as democrat prior to 2015?
I'm not entertaining your rhetorical line of questioning, especially after that stupid Jeb analogy. Bernie was a Democratic candidate and his views, fundraising, and voting have historically aligned very closely with the Democratic party.

I'm not entertaining your rhetorical line of questioning, especially after that stupid Jeb analogy. Bernie was a Democratic candidate and his views, fundraising, and voting have historically aligned very closely with the Democratic party.

And yet he never previously ran as a democrat, even given the opportunity- true or false?

Back