• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Fix Was in--Bernie never had a chance

And yet he never previously ran as a democrat, even given the opportunity- true or false?
I'm not answering your irrelevant rhetorical question, no matter how many times you ask it. You repeating it doesn't make it more relevant. Bernie ran for President as a Democrat. He doesn't need more Democrat bonafides than that. You are implying that he didn't deserve equal, impartial treatment from the DNC and you are wrong.

Agree wholeheartedly with MDMH here. If my candidate doesn't win, so what, that's life. But if the game is rigged, that really pisses me off.

It's amazing to me that if a call or two goes against your sports team and helps decide the outcome of a game, it's infuriating and emotional but when this shit happens, it's "quit whining, so what, doesn't matter..."

How much do we malign UNC fans who claim their athletic department isn't corrupt because "everyone cheats"?

This is MUCH more important than that and all the outrage is entirely deserved. Cynicism is not a point of pride.

DWS is now being "quarantined" and won't appear at the DNC Convention.

Nothing the DNC did in May changed the outcome of the election. I'd be annoyed too if a Johnny come lately with no chance to win was hanging around, forcing resources to be spent on him, instead of being able to focus on Trump.

Bernie was never a true member of Democratic Party, and the actions of party members, and voters, clearly indicated their thoughts on his attempts to take advantage of the system.

Nothing the DNC did in May changed the outcome of the election. I'd be annoyed too if a Johnny come lately with no chance to win was hanging around, forcing resources to be spent on him, instead of being able to focus on Trump.

Bernie was never a true member of Democratic Party, and the actions of party members, and voters, clearly indicated their thoughts on his attempts to take advantage of the system.

The things you have to be willing to distort in order to support Hillary. It's enough to make one feel sorry for you guys.

I think there is a big stretch from anything I've read in those emails to "the entire primary election was rigged and caused Bernie to lose." The DNC wanted Hillary to win but that isn't the reason she won. They don't have that much power (see RNC this cycle)

The focus on May is a red herring. The DNC was strategically undermining his campaign well before that, and we all know it.

As to his being an outsider, the DNC could have forced Bernie to run as an independent but they chose not to. They chose to include him, to give the illusion of healthy competition, rather than risk him splintering the liberal vote as an Independent candidate. Right now he could be throwing his support behind Jill Stein, but instead he is endorsing Hillary and choosing to play the game.

The notion that the DNC is some elitist private boys club is nonsense. They would adopt a turnip if it would keep a pub out of office.

Last edited:
The focus on May is a red herring. The DNC was strategically undermining his campaign well before that, and we all know it.

As to his being an outsider, the DNC could have forced Bernie to run as an independent but they chose not to. They chose to include him, to give the illusion of healthy competition, rather than risk him splintering the liberal vote as an Independent candidate. Right now he could be throwing his support behind Jill Stein, but instead he is endorsing Hillary and choosing to play the game.

No, Bernie chose to run as a Democrat because he knew that without the D, he would have been even less of a factor than he was this election. And he wouldn't have been able to strut around the senate building with his secret service team. Pure opportunism on his part.

Well that's the problem, that you can only win if you're a member of the two mainline parties, which represent a narrow portion of the political spectrum. To have it further rigged by party insiders, well, that's pretty much the opposite of democracy.

No, Bernie chose to run as a Democrat because he knew that without the D, he would have been even less of a factor than he was this election. And he wouldn't have been able to strut around the senate building with his secret service team. Pure opportunism on his part.
I'm not interested in what you thought about Bernie as a candidate, although it's clear that your view of him is skewing your reaction to the DNC's actions.

"DNC rules, designed to ensure all candidates get a fair shake in presidential primaries, state: “The Chairperson shall be responsible for ensuring that the national officers and staff of the Democratic National Committee maintain impartiality and even-handedness during the Democratic Party Presidential nominating process.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/impartial-dnc-finance-chief-helps-hillary-clinton-118558

and for context, here is DWS response to Bernie's nomination announcement:

"Sanders is well-recognized for his principled leadership and has consistently stood up for middle class families," DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz said in the statement. "Throughout his service in the U.S. House and Senate, Bernie Sanders has clearly demonstrated his commitment to the values we all share as members of the Democratic Party.""

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/29/politics/bernie-sanders-announces-presidential-run/

So if the DNC plans to be impartial, they should change their rules and announce that publicly so that voters and potential candidates know about it before running.

I think there is a big stretch from anything I've read in those emails to "the entire primary election was rigged and caused Bernie to lose." The DNC wanted Hillary to win but that isn't the reason she won. They don't have that much power (see RNC this cycle)

+1

That's a strawman argument. There is big difference between total blame and recognizing the influence that the DNC has on the nomination. The belief that Bernie never had a chance, held by some of you, does not excuse the impartiality, or make it less of an issue.

The Priebus/RNC email hack release should be interesting also.

You also cant compare the two parties actions, because the RNC was trying to stymie a world famous runaway favorite, while the DNC was stifling and undermining an unknown upstart candidate. The DNC poured salt on a single sprout and the RNC was trying to pull weeds from a field of weeds

DWS is acting like that word we can't say or type. Allegedly. DWS is saying she was appointed by Obama and only he can fire her. This is a terrible move. She's pissing even more people off at this point.

Did the DNC schedule the debates? I think the scheduling of the debates hurt Bernie a good bit.

Back