• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Jeff [Redacted] Show

fuuuu

I didn't know he was doing a coaching show tonight. Damn.

I really would like to get on and ask him a question. Not a "why are you such a dick?" question, but a critical question and hope the he responds well.

Another week, I suppose.

fuuuu

I didn't know he was doing a coaching show tonight. Damn.

I really would like to get on and ask him a question. Not a "why are you such a dick?" question, but a critical question and hope the he responds well.

Another week, I suppose.

I asked the rebounding question since so many have wondered about his strategy on the offensive glass.

I thought he gave a good response with the philosophy of the 3, 4, and 5 going to the glass and the 1 and 2 retreating. He also laid out the contingency for when a guard has penetrated the lane that the three has to get back. He said our players are having trouble with it. Not sure why, seems straightforward enough.

I'm glad I asked because it gives you something else to look for to see if our players actually do it.

The players definitely don't do that. I'm not even sure our 5 attacks the ball on the offensive glass.

I asked the rebounding question since so many have wondered about his strategy on the offensive glass.

I thought he gave a good response with the philosophy of the 3, 4, and 5 going to the glass and the 1 and 2 retreating. He also laid out the contingency for when a guard has penetrated the lane that the three has to get back. He said our players are having trouble with it. Not sure why, seems straightforward enough.

I'm glad I asked because it gives you something else to look for to see if our players actually do it.

Did you put your question in context of the poor rebounding of his Air Force and Colorado teams?

Great question that you asked. The issue is his answer was one thing and what we actually do on the court is another. He wants his 3-5 to hit the glass but they rarely do. Also, he said McKie averages 2 OB per game? Does he?

Did you put your question in context of the poor rebounding of his Air Force and Colorado teams?

No, asked it from an "X and O" strategy standpoint, as in what is your strategy for how you want your team to attack the offensive glass. Are you more concerned with getting back on D or getting offensive rebounds?

Last edited:
Great question that you asked. The issue is his answer was one thing and what we actually do on the court is another. He wants his 3-5 to hit the glass but they rarely do. Also, he said McKie averages 2 OB per game? Does he?

It really wouldnt matter because the truth is sparingly sprinkled in many of his comments.

^^

Yes...1.9.

The issue is not the 3/4/5's desire to hit the glass. The problem is our offensive sets have the 4/5 constantly setting picks above the foul line. When the shot goes up, they have no positioning.

The issue is not the 3/4/5's desire to hit the glass. The problem is our offensive sets have the 4/5 constantly setting picks above the foul line. When the shot goes up, they have no positioning.

Correct, and that's the offense. I am confused that Coach [Redacted] continues to say that he stresses rebounds and tells the 3-4-5 to get in there and crash hard. It seems to me that they hardly ever do that. I watch Carson when shots go up, and he hardly ever goes to get in rebounding position if he is outside of the paint.

I think we all watch the ball too much. If you watched the KSU-WVU game last night then you saw two teams that took pride in their rebounding. They were more concerned about getting to the right place instead of whether or not the ball went in or not. If we did more of that then it would lead to at least 3-5 more rebounds a game, if not more.

Oh, you mean [Redacted] is covering his own ass and pseudo-blaming his players for not fulfilling his "instructions"?
Just like when he blamed Fischer for not moving enough in the Richmond game to get open, even tho Buzz didn't draw up any plays for him?

Shocking.

Oh, you mean [Redacted] is covering his own ass and pseudo-blaming his players for not fulfilling his "instructions"?
Just like when he blamed Fischer for not moving enough in the Richmond game to get open, even tho Buzz didn't draw up any plays for him?

Shocking.

That's not what I mean at all, but continue to use my statements to work towards more attacks on our head coach.

If anything, I think the players have more developing to do. I see no reason why Coach [Redacted] would say that he is telling the players to crash the boards when he isn't. There is nothing wrong with having an offensive scheme that relies on efficient shooting.

I see no reason why Coach [Redacted] would say that he is telling the players to crash the boards when he isn't.

Because he is a liar?

http://gazetteafasports.freedomblog...d]-learned-something-from-afa-departure/5309/

Our rebounding has improved a lot on the defensive end. Throw out offensive rebounds and we had better defensive rebounding totals than Nebraska, which never would have happened last year.

It's not going to get fixed all at once. Our guys are clearly still working hard on ball movement, screens, and running the offense with a short bench - they don't crash the offensive boards well yet, plus none of our guys are really true rebounders. Get just one banger on the floor and it would help everyone. Who knows, maybe Ty can add a spark there.

Bottom line is our point doesn't usually score much, and CJ shooting means you lose either Travis or Nikita getting back. Carson has unique skills but rebounding isn't one of them yet, so it's just down to either McKie if he isn't shooting or Nikita who's out of his league against most 4's.

Considering how many games were track meet style layup drills for other teams last year, I can understand the emphasis on getting back on defense.

That was one of the better questions asked last night I thought.

Back