• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Manning Buyout

Liquid Karma

Eat a dick, hackers!
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, we know for sure how much it was and whether Wake paid it now...

Well, we know for sure how much it was and whether Wake paid it now...

Or you could talk about the fact that for a year I've telling anyone who would listen Goodman's $18M($15M) numbers were bullshit. And it came true.

What Babydeac said was they were firing him for cause which set a goal of $0. Nothing with what Babydeac posted.

lol

Wow. Thanks, Wellman.

I would really like to know how the rational insiders at WFU felt and currently feel about Wellman. I know I've said it before, but if I were in charge, I'd scrape his name from the records and buildings, and ban him from campus.

I get why this can't and won't happen. But every time I see some neutral to positive communication from WFU about Wellman, I cringe. I have to believe there are some WFU insiders who feel the same way.

Where those the two estimates at the time?

I assume $14.7M is the whole thing and they don’t owe anymore.

The Wake insiders were all in for Manning, defending him on Twitter and other nonsense. I assume that wasn’t for show. You don’t have to be smart or savvy about college sports to be rich enough to bankroll coaches.

OGB, remind me - why was RJ using 18 and 15?
https://247sports.com/college/wake-...gs-contract-status-at-Wake-Forest--125563578/

Goodman's source is unidentified. My source, whom you just conceded is real, would have seen the contract and been asked to participate in ending the contract (you can read this anyway you'd like as the Top 5 Tier 1 people would have either negotiated the firing or been asked to fund it).

I'll take the word of someone who knows and has been intimately involved over a totally unknown source as should any reasonable person.

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the positions of the doubters. They would want me to get the Queen of England to video chat with someone here to verify that it's Tuesday in North America. Even after the Queen would talk to you, there would be another "requirement" before anyone gave in and another and another.

Your blind hatred and investment in it keep you and others from being rational.

So the infallible Jeff Goodman was apparently wrong with the unbelievable 18 million dollar buyout number he was floating around? How can that be?

It made no sense. I imagine the 3.6 million someone mentioned will be much closer to what Wake ends up paying.

And of course, this will have no impact on his future credibility because nobody cares. Don't believe everything you read in print.

The amount Goodman posted and most here believed was totally bogus and completely fabricated.

If you say something costs $1000 without knowing anything about it, if it cost $400, your statement would be "completely fabricated".

Keep dancing...

omg i forgot about the source tiers

i think i was on the right side of this one

goodman is a dick, but he's got sources

And no guaranteed contracts include incentives that have never been reached being fully guaranteed. I defy anyone to find such a coaching contract.

Goodman's BS, which came from a Wake fan, was never correct.

Of course, there are many here who would rather drink disinfectant to avoid Covid than admit that I was right all along.

I would really like to know how the rational insiders at WFU felt and currently feel about Wellman. I know I've said it before, but if I were in charge, I'd scrape his name from the records and buildings, and ban him from campus.

I get why this can't and won't happen. But every time I see some neutral to positive communication from WFU about Wellman, I cringe. I have to believe there are some WFU insiders who feel the same way.
The reality is he did a really good job during his tenure. Wake Forest Athletics as a whole when he started to when he finished is night and day. I know most fans despise him for what he did to men's basketball and I don't disagree with how they feel but as an AD, Wake Forest wouldn't be anywhere near as successful as a whole if it wasn't for him. Overall he was a net positive for Wake Athletics and have no hard feelings towards the man.

The reality is he did a really good job during his tenure. Wake Forest Athletics as a whole when he started to when he finished is night and day. I know most fans despise him for what he did to men's basketball and I don't disagree with how they feel but as an AD, Wake Forest wouldn't be anywhere near as successful as a whole if it wasn't for him. Overall he was a net positive for Wake Athletics and have no hard feelings towards the man.

To me this is an example of how two things can be true. YES Ron did amazing things for Wake Forest sports overall. And YES Ron is pretty much responsible for the cratering of men’s basketball. I don’t think one outweighs the other, though.

Back