• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Manning Buyout

How much money do you donate?
To which school? My firm's donation is listed in the Deacon Club annual report I'm sure. It's not small but i'd have to look. 5-7K range.

I donate more to Ole Miss, Butler, and Cincinnati. I donate less to FAMU, Duke, Florida State, Boston College, Miami, Middle Tennessee State, and Three Rivers Community College.

Thanks for asking. How about you?
My wife and I give $500/month to MSD and that’s something we want to continue to increase over time. I think it’s hysterical that DR thinks something comparable makes him entitled to slam Wake alums for their decision-making and giving re: basketball. Maybe those giving $1MM plus to projects and whatnot can be pointed to, but fuck all the way off with lumping in most Wake alums with the challenges of MBB under Wellman. Seriously, if enough people donate and you won’t press charges, I will punch you in the face and make a matching donation to your new basketball arena.
Right, am I to understand that this entire time we’ve been lectured by a guy who donates $5k-$7k/yr? Or did I misread, did he mean $5k-$7k/mo?

How does that give him a seat at the steakhouse table? Or, as noted here, a right to critique any of us?

More importantly, never again responding to to him means his napoleonic little influence on these boards goes away. Wouldn’t that just kill him? Riling people up is obviously what trolls live for. Why are they continually rewarded?

Board silence = troll insignificance.

But I also get that it’s entertaining to engage, and we’re also basically just one big family here made up of crazy in-laws, sketchy outlaws, and everything in-between.

So have at it I guess! Maybe he’ll eventually get his arena. $5k/yr, invested over time, can really go a long way.

From this past year's bowl speculation thread.

Credit to @deacdixieboy who asked him directly how much he donated and @SkyDivingDeacon for catching the answer even before I did.

Can I suggest that you start a DR thread and make your comments there. I’m tired of coming to threads on a certain topic and read pages of people ragging on him for his opinion. It’s a message board and we all get to have opinions.

I’ve known DR since his Duke law days, had many arguments with him, disagree w him on many things, served on the Sedgefield board with him where we disagreed on everything, have played many rounds of golf w him and gone to many Wake games with him. I can assure you he is a Wake fan and loves the school. He’s also stubborn and believes he has the answer for most everything in life which he doesn’t.

We can debate, argue and strongly voice our opinions but we all are bound by MSD. How about we discuss and argue Wake sports on the Wake sports message board and not personally attack one another.

Lastly I appreciate having a message board like this and all of you as opposed to the other where I was chastised for being critical of Jerry Haas which is another story for another time.

Go Deacs

Caldwell’s subsequent career would indicate he may not have been the whole problem.
Subsequent is the key word. He was woefully under qualified when hired out of Penn St as he wasn’t even a coordinator there. (QB coach). Plus being so young and inexperienced he didn’t know enough “old heads” to bring in here to help. If he had been an non-Wellman hire with a 9-35, 3-29 record after 4 years, they would have been long gone. But not Well-Man, he gave him 4 more and let him go 12-52 overall in the ACC.

Yeah. That's fair. And he's been very public about his alcohol issues. But unnecessarily bagging on people that work hard and make an honest living warrants whatever you get.
Needlessly? LK accused me of being dumb and “behind the times.” This isn’t just the internet. This is real life. I know LK and I’m not going to be called dumb as a self-made multi millionaire by that guy.

I may well disagree with those self-made folk who make 10x what I make but one thing I know is that they are not dumb!

As for the donations to other schools, as I said that’s just smart business. I see in my taxes here I made $47,800 in 2022 from my $500 donation to Miami. Tickets are big business — at least at other places. Which begs the question….why aren’t all of you doing it too?

Needlessly? LK accused me of being dumb and “behind the times.” This isn’t just the internet. This is real life. I know LK and I’m not going to be called dumb as a self-made multi millionaire by that guy.

I may well disagree with those self-made folk who make 10x what I make but one thing I know is that they are not dumb!

As for the donations to other schools, as I said that’s just smart business. I see in my taxes here I made $47,800 in 2022 from my $500 donation to Miami. Tickets are big business — at least at other places. Which begs the question….why aren’t all of you doing it too?
This isn’t a personal attack, it’s an honest question, and I apologize for continuing the thread derailment. Do you judge success and personal value primarily on personal financial worth? I find the way you validate your board takes(well honestly you primarily only have one take) with talk of your economic prowess absolutely fascinating.

RJ, did you possess DR?

This isn’t a personal attack, it’s an honest question, and I apologize for continuing the thread derailment. Do you judge success and personal value primarily on personal financial worth? I find the way you validate your board takes(well honestly you primarily only have one take) with talk of your economic prowess absolutely fascinating.

Why are you writing this post instead of getting RICH scalping tickets? Idiot !

I see in my taxes here I made $47,800 in 2022 from my $500 donation to Miami.
gotta wave the bullshit flag on this one. There are so many empty seats at miami football and basketball games, there is no fucking way a measly $500 donation is enough to get you into seats that somebody would actually pay above face for

gotta wave the bullshit flag on this one. There are so many empty seats at miami football and basketball games, there is no fucking way a measly $500 donation is enough to get you into seats that somebody would actually pay above face for
Assuming he is really talking about dealing in the after market ticket scene, it is mind boggling that someone who tries to portray themselves as a big deal would brag about something like that. Sad, really.

Back