• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Manning Buyout

Why do you guys keep taking the bait; as usual you’ve allowed him to hijack the thread. Let’s get back to Wellman and the fact that no matter the good he was allowed to destroy our signature program over a 10 year period by first giving Dino the job without the interim title, then firing Deno because we made postseason but didn’t advance in postseason (lied to all of us), then hired a coach with no post season resume and let him stay 4 years, then hired another coach with no postseason resume and extended him after 4 years then lied to us again and claimed he would get a 6th year because we were getting better and then retired and left us with a $14m unpaid check.

In my mind what Wellman did to Wake Forest is pure Ken Lay Enron shit. College basketball has dramatically changed in the past 13 years and because of his reckless lack of stewardship Wake may very well never be relevant in basketball again. Forbes is working his ass off but I promise if the day comes and he doesn’t think he can get Wake back to the tournament he will have other options.

Wellman sucked the life out of Wake

This addled mind makes more money in a week than you’ve made your whole life. In these times. The times you are broke in.
pretty shit-assed thing for you to say, even if it is a sports board

Why do you guys keep taking the bait; as usual you’ve allowed him to hijack the thread. Let’s get back to Wellman and the fact that no matter the good he was allowed to destroy our signature program over a 10 year period by first giving Dino the job without the interim title, then firing Deno because we made postseason but didn’t advance in postseason (lied to all of us), then hired a coach with no post season resume and let him stay 4 years, then hired another coach with no postseason resume and extended him after 4 years then lied to us again and claimed he would get a 6th year because we were getting better and then retired and left us with a $14m unpaid check.

In my mind what Wellman did to Wake Forest is pure Ken Lay Enron shit. College basketball has dramatically changed in the past 13 years and because of his reckless lack of stewardship Wake may very well never be relevant in basketball again. Forbes is working his ass off but I promise if the day comes and he doesn’t think he can get Wake back to the tournament he will have other options.

Slow clap. This is the rant I wanted to write.

Cannot be overstated. I have also heard great things about Dr. Wente and her support of our athletic programs. I know that she has personally accompanied the football program on more than one road trip. I've yet to have an actual conversation with her but the few times I've been in her company, she seems very genuine.

I know Wellman fucked things up beyond belief but I really think Hatch was the co-conspirator. Wente and Currie appear to me to be an awesome combination and very much on the same page. Given the shit-show with the ACC "Magnificent Seven", we may need them both for our very survival athletic survival.

Cannot be overstated. I have also heard great things about Dr. Wente and her support of our athletic programs. I know that she has personally accompanied the football program on more than one road trip. I've yet to have an actual conversation with her but the few times I've been in her company, she seems very genuine.

I know Wellman fucked things up beyond belief but I really thing Hatch was the co-conspirator. Wente and Currie appear to me to be an awesome combination and very much on the same page.
Yes Hatch’s fat fucking hands are just as dirty. It’s not all the shiitty decisions those two made (and there were many), it the shameless fucking gaslighting that they foisted on all of us that deserves our contempt. These assholes pissed on our shoes and told us it was raining for fucking years…

Yes Hatch’s fat fucking hands are just as dirty. It’s not all the shiitty decisions those two made (and there were many), it the shameless fucking gaslighting that they foisted on all of us that deserves our contempt. These assholes pissed on our shoes and told us it was raining for fucking years…
Oh heavens yes!

We were well into the "In Wellman We Trust" era by the time Hatch got to Wake. Wouldn't be surprised if Hatch just trusted him to do whatever he wanted.

If we only had a better home court advantage we wouldn't have struggled during all of those postseason neutral site games.

Of course elite recruits would have flocked to Wake based on that alone. I am sure when K was building Duke up after struggling he said DON'T YOU SEE WE ARE PLAYING IN CAMERON INDOOR STADIUM!!! Didn't matter what he did or said after that since Dawkins and Alarie were puddy in his hands.
A better home court would unquestionably help our recruiting. Not sure how that is even debatable.

A better home court would unquestionably help our recruiting. Not sure how that is even debatable.
I don't think anybody is debating that. The debate is if it would help as much as spending $200-300M on NIL.

But don’t forget, we got our socks on the correct way. And even Dino won an NCAA game before getting fired. Manning loses a freaking play-in game and Well-Man sells his soul to keep him with huge money (for no reason because nobody was coming after him).

This addled mind makes more money in a week than you’ve made your whole life. In these times. The times you are broke in.
Donnie, go fuck yourself. You are a fat, short, alcoholic, middle-aged loser with orange hair. And, you live in Greensboro. And, you still pretend that folks admire you. Keep telling yourself that, pissant.

P.S. I heard from one of your idiot buddies you went to school with that you didn’t get laid until you were 30. 🤣

Last edited:
Back