• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters 2024

13 is blah now with the added length.

Disagree. 2022 there were 6 eagles, after the change last year there were 8. But the average score went up so it was more risk/reward (and no longer the easiest hole on the course, which it shouldn't have been).

You can't compare this year and the conditions they've been playing through as representative. 13 had gotten far too easy and they did a great job fixing it imho.

our boi cam young is still lurking but he is close from being -4 or -5. i guess you have to accept the bad w the good but still

If I was Herschel Walker back then or Jon Rahm now, I wouldn’t care who is “funding” the money I am taking from a new startup league.

I get that, but the government subsidizing a business venture isn't capitalism.

Disagree. 2022 there were 6 eagles, after the change last year there were 8. But the average score went up so it was more risk/reward (and no longer the easiest hole on the course, which it shouldn't have been).

You can't compare this year and the conditions they've been playing through as representative. 13 had gotten far too easy and they did a great job fixing it imho.

I agree it was too easy, but too many layups now. I feel like the sweet spot is halfway between the old tee and the new one. Would rather see guys going for it from 205 than laying up from 225 because they didn't get it out far enough around the corner.

I agree it was too easy, but too many layups now. I feel like the sweet spot is halfway between the old tee and the new one. Would rather see guys going for it from 205 than laying up from 225 because they didn't get it out far enough around the corner.

Well, I guess I agree with you generally, I just think guys have been laying up because it's been so freaking windy. Same with 15, way more layups this year than I can remember. Today I've seen tons of guys go for 13 though, but I thought it'd definitely gotten out of hand with the driver/wedge nonsense. If guys can't hit a draw their drivers anymore then tough shit...

So most of the leaderboard is shooting about the same score today in perfect conditions versus yesterday’s winds.

It was definitely windy as hell out there yesterday. Some home manifest it worse than others. I was on the tenth green yesterday at the end of the day and the tall pomes weee swaying like crazy. Will Z was short on his second shot and it definitely got knocked down by the wind.

Other fairways and greens out in the open and through Amen Corner, you wouldn’t notice the wind.

If I was Herschel Walker back then or Jon Rahm now, I wouldn’t care who is “funding” the money I am taking from a new startup league.
I don't blame anyone for taking the money. I do blame you for calling it capitalism because it is the furthest thing from capitalism. A (terrible) government providing unlimited funds to buy players to participate in a crappy professional league that will never make money - but they don't care because of said unlimited funds - is not capitalism.

I walked right in to the South Gate merch store on Friday at 5:30. No wait.

I don't blame anyone for taking the money. I do blame you for calling it capitalism because it is the furthest thing from capitalism. A (terrible) government providing unlimited funds to buy players to participate in a crappy professional league that will never make money - but they don't care because of said unlimited funds - is not capitalism.
Same “crappy” league was once said of the AFL with Joe Namath and the Jets, ABA with Julius Erving and the VA Squires & NY Nets.
Unlimited funds are being used at colleges right now by their billionaire backers to fund NIL.

So most of the leaderboard is shooting about the same score today in perfect conditions versus yesterday’s winds.
Course was playing hard and fast. And that pin position on 17 was brutal. Morikawa's putt was dying as it lipped out and rolled another 12'. Hope they put some water on the greens - would make for better viewing today if there are a few birdies.

And DeChambeau is so lucky to be -3. His drive on 2 was headed toward the creek but hit a tree and bounced back in to where he had a shot to the green. Then he thought he hit it into the water on 11, but barely stayed on the green, and then the hole out from the fairway on 18. Rooting for anyone but DeChambeau - the rest of the leaderboard are good guys. But would like Homa the most.

And Jesus the Reff is so dense. The ABA played the same game with the same rules, just with a red, white and blue ball. That's why fans went to their games and why eventually was a merger. Same with the NFL. LIV is a perversion of golf that no one watches. The CW won't even interrupt its Friday old sitcom re-runs to show LIV. It's just 50 or so guys stealing Saudi oil $$ to produce a crap product, which is why the PIF is now in negotiations with the PGA and DP.

Back