• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The NC GOP Recovery

It's not a partisan point; it just seems weird to me that you could purport to measure an accurate picture of the economic climate of Iowa and Kansas (for this "apples-to-apples" comparison with say, Conn. or Rhode Island) and not count the corn and wheat.

Worth noting that the household survey doesn't have that problem as it includes agricultural employment. But it's more volatile.

Worth noting that the household survey doesn't have that problem as it includes agricultural employment. But it's more volatile.

Which is the opposite of the outcome IE expected, since farm employment is supposedly inelastic and not as sensitive to economic fluctuations. If you included it, you'd think it would be a steadying influence.

Which is the opposite of the outcome IE expected, since farm employment is supposedly inelastic and not as sensitive to economic fluctuations. If you included it, you'd think it would be a steadying influence.

Volatility in the household survey comes from other factors. Only 60k households vs 554k firms for NFP. Business birth/death also plays a role (birth more than death)

Have you considered familiarizing yourself with the statistics, some history, and a bit of theory before deciding which set of policies you know works best?

Have you considered familiarizing yourself with the statistics, some history, and a bit of theory before deciding which set of policies you know works best?

And the butthurt over good employment numbers grows more acute with each passing day...

Yes, because if there is one thing current and former residents of NC want, it's bad employment numbers.

Sorry if I was confusing (assuming you're trying to refer to me as "IE"); I removed my analogy because it (apparently) wasn't as clear as hoped. Just one way to think of it - not the definition of the measurement.

are independent contractors included in unemployment numbers?

I would describe the enthusiasm for the good returns as tempered at best among some on the Tunnels

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I would describe the enthusiasm for the good returns as tempered at best among some on the Tunnels

YAY our job growth rate is lower than the national average over the last 12 months!

ap5806500047.jpg

"Governor Perry extends his hands around and under the buttocks and awaits the shower of jism from Toyota after fellating them to move to his state."

Last edited:
I guess selling out on regulations and taxes at the taxpayer's expense to say you 'created jobs' is good, smart leadership and sound policy, eh jhmd?

oh, and Freedom too!

I guess selling out on regulations and taxes at the taxpayer's expense to say you 'created jobs' is good, smart leadership and sound policy, eh jhmd?

oh, and Freedom too!

Please insert irresistible contrast example of a serendipitiously identical date here. But you care about expense to the taxpayer, and smart, good, sound leadership policy, right? All the way to bankruptcy court, it seems.

In your defense, the deck chairs on your replica R.M.S. Titanic have never looked better.

Last edited:
Please insert irresistible contrast example of a serendipitiously identical date here. But you care about expense to the taxpayer, and smart, good, sound leadership policy, right? All the way to bankruptcy court, it seems.

In your defense, the deck chairs on your replica R.M.S. Titanic have never looked better.

So sales office unions are driving these companies into bankruptcy?

Governor Perry looks deeply satisfied, doesn't he? He's glowing...

Last edited:
Hi taxes and union rule have a track record. Illinois and California have their dates with Michigan's destiny.
Do a Google search for tge number of companies that have left California for Texas in the last year.
Time for the blue states to grow up a little bit.

So if the GOP is responsible for the economic recovery in NC, then Obama must be responsible for the national recovery that includes the stock markets nearly doubling; a net gain of about 11% in GDP (taking over when we were shrinking by -8.9% to growing by over 2%); a shrinking of the deficit by nearly 50% and turning a monthly job loss of over 700,000 into growing by over 150,000 jobs/month.

jhmd must think Obama is a cross between Midas, John D. Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, Steve Jobs and Warren Buffet. Just look at the numbers, it can't be any other way.

Hi taxes and union rule have a track record. Illinois and California have their dates with Michigan's destiny.
Do a Google search for tge number of companies that have left California for Texas in the last year.

Blue states or red states?

What I mean is - what was the purpose if this deal, who benefitted? Texas or Toyota?

Back