• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"The Newsroom" on HBO

Gave up on this big steaming pile of bad emotional crap after the 5th episode or so. I held out hope...

That's when I jumped off the wagon too. I wanted to like it, I really did, just... fail.

I'll be watching it, it's not a perfect show, but I enjoy it.

My biggest problem is when I see the producer, all I think is "hollow bones."

anyone watch the new ep last night? i hate how dramatic they make some of the scenes. like in the very beginning where they need a new audio clip from the voiceover, they make it seem like the dude is in the hurtlocker diffusing a bomb.

anyone watch the new ep last night? i hate how dramatic they make some of the scenes. like in the very beginning where they need a new audio clip from the voiceover, they make it seem like the dude is in the hurtlocker diffusing a bomb.

Obviously you've never been to a Benihana's*

* Just kidding, yeah I thought that shit was way over the top too.

I thought the episode was good. Although I preferred the formats from last season where the entire episode centered around one or two news stories, I think it will be interesting to see how long this season keeps the one storyline as the focal point of the show. Also, there was the appropriate amount of bullshit interpersonal stuff (very litte, thankfully) between the idiot characters (Jim and Maggie and Don).

I will be interested to see how they cover the Occupy movement.

Last edited:
I actually really liked that scene in the beginning. We finally got to see Mac be the competent EP she's supposed to be instead of someone who is technologically inept.

I don't even watch this show and I thought that exact thing while watching Sorkin on The Daily Show.

it is very much slanted towards the left (notwithstanding jeff daniels' claim of being a republican), but i thought the last few episodes were pretty good.

Frustrating show. Some parts are so damn stupid. But there are some good characters and the acting is solid, plus every now and then it's actually intelligent. Then just when you have that "West Wing" feeling for 2 seconds, something beyond idiotic like the shot clock explanation comes along and blows it all up.

Still can't help watching.

Hoping the Sloan breaks up with Don and there's a raging spinoff of this show.

So frustrating because it (the entire series) should have been a good show, but was just insufferable. Although Olivia Munn is such a smokeshow - that was reason enough to stick with it.

Yeah in three years Maggie went from a bumbling admin to a brilliant scholar in all subjects and potential executive level producer

The recipe of two cringe-worthy moments for every legitimately good moment didn't work that well to start with. Ratio only went south from there culminating in the impromptu garage concert. When Jim walked in I bet $10 that the black guy would show up to play drums.

Besides the Sloan smoke show the best thing they had going was Neil and he got 30 seconds of screen time so we could listen to Will talk about babies like a 90-year-old talks about the internet. Sorkin's permanent exit from television would be sad if it weren't for the fact that Newsroom is probably all the proof you need that he's never going to come up with The West Wing 2.

Last season was rough. Sorkin has said this will be his last tv show and you get the feeling he kind of threw in the towel. Or gave up.

I didn't realize Hallie is meryl streep's daughter

Back