• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"The Newsroom" on HBO

Why is the hottest girl on the show a nerd that always has too many clothes on/no love interest? Weak.

Mac is fine. They need to replace that disgusting animaniac that is somehow the dual love interest of this show.

Seriously. That girl is awful. She adds nothing of substance to the show.

Why is the hottest girl on the show a nerd that always has too many clothes on/no love interest? Weak.

Because she's half Asian and Sorkin is going for the stereotype?

And is this the point where someone needs to post the gif of Munn pulling her breast out on camera?

this show is improving

Yeah, it's been so close to being great the last 2 weeks... But for some reason they can't help but have an intelligent female character suddenly hear the words "butt" and "big" without turning her into a total stereotype.

This one?

c0fdc01cd5a3.gif

or maybe this one?

361f7dfc0fe6.gif

this one?

7481522b41d0.gif

Last edited:
So I just caught up on the entire first season. I haven't read this whole thread, so I'm not sure what has been said/discussed.

I'm intensely impressed with the way the actual news stories were woven (weaved?) into the plot. The Gabby Giffords episode was far and away my favorite, with the Rudy/Arab Spring episode a distant second.

I thought the conflict of a hard-hitting news organization butting heads with its parent company who has interests on the Hill was well constructed, but the whole News of the World/hacking bit seemed like an easy cop out. It would have been much more interesting to maintain that conflict throughout the lifetime of the show.

The actors, for the most part, are very well cast. Aside from the two main leads, Jim and Sloan (and the actors that play them) seem the most compelling. And Sam Waterston is the shit. The writing is frequently heavy-handed and rambling, but that is just a given with anything Sorkin.

All that said, for me the show was very nearly derailed by the silly Ross and Rachel bit with Jim and Maggie. Its just unnecessary and I can't stand it when a show/movie tries to shoehorn a romantic conflict when the rest of the story and characters are more than enough (Scrubs had this problem; so did The Office). There's enough going on in this show that the silly romantic BS thing with two of the main characters is wholly unnecessary.

I'll tune in for season 2 whenever it comes back (I assume the presidential election will figure prominently in at least one episode), but if they keep harping on the obnoxious "love triangle" storyline, I won't be able to stomach it for long.

I just finished the first season last night.

Why the fuck was Jim on a Sex and the City tourbus in the season finale?! That plot hole may ruin the show for me unless I just missed some logical connection.

This show could be so good. But the cringe worthy force feeding of the human relationship stuff causes it to blow. Just. Why?

This show could be so good. But the cringe worthy force feeding of the human relationship stuff causes it to blow. Just. Why?

Just like Homeland. Great show (well Homeland fell off the train tracks early 2nd season), but for the reason the writers insist on force feeding us love stories and drama.

I just finished the first season last night.

Why the fuck was Jim on a Sex and the City tourbus in the season finale?! That plot hole may ruin the show for me unless I just missed some logical connection.

You clearly weren't paying attention to the stupid relationship crap that they shoehorn into an otherwise good show. He was on the bus to learn more about the show so he could relate to the chick he's banging (whatsherface's roommate). I haven't watched the show in a while so I don't remember anyone's name.

You clearly weren't paying attention to the stupid relationship crap that they shoehorn into an otherwise good show. He was on the bus to learn more about the show so he could relate to the chick he's banging (whatsherface's roommate). I haven't watched the show in a while so I don't remember anyone's name.

ah... i see

Gave up on this big steaming pile of bad emotional crap after the 5th episode or so. I held out hope...

Back