• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Night Of on HBO

I for one can't wait for the extrapolated theories and explanations that come from the subreddit that will be created. With the lack of true detective the Internet detectives have been biding their time until the next case came along. Like before they will be so disappointed when it turns out he just blacked out and their pain sex got a tad bit too violent.

If that's the case then he would have certainly had blood all over him and not just his hand when he came to in the kitchen.

Yeah the knife that he takes out with him is still on the downstairs table where they left it. There were other red herring comments by the CSI people about a serrated blade.

Michael Kenneth Williams (Omar on The Wire) has a credit in the pilot episode but I missed him. Maybe he's the motorcyclist?

naaaah. i think i read something about the main character meeting omar when he is in jail.

It's an interesting question about what you would do in that situation. For sure once I get to the police station the first and only words out of my mouth are "Lawyer".

did the cops do anything not by the book?

hearse guy and bodies boy are the other two suspects, wonder if they will add on more as we go along or just flesh out what they showed ep 1.

Neighbor probably needs to stay on the radar also. The short scene where Box told him not to go to Europe or anything seemed included for a reason.

did the cops do anything not by the book?

There was some confusion about the chain of evidence. I can't remember exactly, but when the night shift evidence guys showed up, they lamented that the officer behind the counter had handed over the evidence to officer such and such. I don't remember all the names, so that is about as specific as I can be.

It's an interesting question about what you would do in that situation. For sure once I get to the police station the first and only words out of my mouth are "Lawyer".

Who doesn't know that? I'm not even a lawyer and I know that.

"Can we swap your junk?"

"Ask my lawyer."

I guess I would have either: called the cops as soon as I came to and been upfront with literally everything I knew, or figure that that system will fail me/who else could have done it, and made a run for it.

After you are caught initially get a lawyer ASAP.

Yeah, I mean there is nothing to connect him to her. Nothing that would place him there except Bodi seeing him. Maybe if they put her picture on the news and the hearse guy or bodi sees it, but dude lives in queens and she lives downtown. No reason to expect him to be there. His phone GPS and the receipt at the gas station might put him down there, but someone would have to identify him first and then match all those to the scene, and there are a lot of dudes that look like that in NYC. Needle in a haystack.

I remember thinking at the time the Bodi exchange was extremely critical (and obviously it was). I think that is going to be a big part of the trial on multiple levels (the racism, Bodi's intent, why he lied about being alone, coming to the station, etc).

I remember thinking at the time the Bodi exchange was extremely critical (and obviously it was). I think that is going to be a big part of the trial on multiple levels (the racism, Bodi's intent, why he lied about being alone, coming to the station, etc).

I have a feeling Bodi is going to be an innocent victim of the judicial system. Not necessarily charged, but broken down and exposed through cross examination and racism (both his own and perhaps that of the police). Just the person who is involved who severely regrets ever getting involved.

Last edited:
Want to see this. The Wife is worried that it may be too gross/brutal for her (she has a low threshold for on-screen violence). Is it gross?

Just read that James Gandolfini was supposed to play Naz' attorney (now played by John Turturro) and is still credited as an Exec Producer. Was his passion project. Might be old news for many.

Great start... Need to see episode 2 before I consider myself hooked. But given there isn't much on TV right now, I'm likely in for the whole thing.

They obviously put a ton of time and effort into the pilot, and the source material is supposedly pretty good, so there's a good chance it stays good.

Turturro is great... Can't imagine Gandolfini playing that role. I mean, I am sure he'd have been great, but Turturro seems like a such a good fit for his character.

Yeah, I mean there is nothing to connect him to her. Nothing that would place him there except Bodi seeing him. Maybe if they put her picture on the news and the hearse guy or bodi sees it, but dude lives in queens and she lives downtown. No reason to expect him to be there. His phone GPS and the receipt at the gas station might put him down there, but someone would have to identify him first and then match all those to the scene, and there are a lot of dudes that look like that in NYC. Needle in a haystack.

Would have to be the receipt. Cell phone tower location technology does not work unless the phone is in use (incoming, outcoming, routed) otherwise there is no use of the tower (things like using data do not ping off towers in the way you would think they do). I do not remember if he ever uses his phone during the course of the night but I do not think he did.

Back