• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Night Of on HBO

When he asked her what her name is, she didn't tell him did she? I can't remember. Not watching it as closely as you guys. It did cross my mind the body they have might not be her.

not only that I think he mentioned to the attorney or his parents he didn't even know her name

I also loved the first two episodes. I definitely noticed that they were panning in on the brother for way too long. And obviously the black dude (Bodi? I didn't watch the Wire) lied about his creepy friend.

And then the stepdad initially lying about her body. That actually struck me as the weirdest. My crazy hot take is that the victim is not Andrea Cornish. It's someone else. The stepdad character just lied and said it was her to avoid having to see the body. Maybe Box or Stone figures that out and it leads us down a whole different path. Although they both did talk about it being her house so maybe not.

I have a sneaky suspicion that is not going to be a Whodunit as much of a survey of the American Justice System. Here are a set of facts where we the viewer get to see someone who appears to us to be innocent...now we get to see how the criminal justice system deals with him. In this regard, I think it's reminiscent of The Making of a Murder, which was also not intended to be a Whodunit, but more of an examination of our system of justice.

I have a sneaky suspicion that is not going to be a Whodunit as much of a survey of the American Justice System. Here are a set of facts where we the viewer get to see someone who appears to us to be innocent...now we get to see how the criminal justice system deals with him. In this regard, I think it's reminiscent of The Making of a Murder, which was also not intended to be a Whodunit, but more of an examination of our system of justice.

I have a feeling it's gonna be both. To me it seems to be both at this point, especially given the introduction of the stepfather and why did the black guy not mention his friend, etc. There are definitely whodunit elements already coming into play. But it also gives you a feeling of what it's like once you're caught up in the system.

I'm about halfway through this one. Note to self: Don't get yourself in jail.

if I ever get arrested, I'm going to repeat this mantra in my head over and over, "the cops are not my friends. They do not want to help me."

Felt like Naz was lingering a little too long in that shower. Get in there and shower and leave in 30 seconds.

So I have no idea how jail works in NY and Rikers in particular, but I find the whole thing with Omar (I don't remember his name in this show) as weird. It seems as though he has been in Rikers for a long time... does he just keep going in and out of jail? Jail is used for the purpose of detainment until disposition of your case, so theoretically nobody spends years in jail. Some folks spend multiple years waiting for a murder trial and I know that in NC the highest level DWI requires that your up to 3 year sentence is served in county, but that doesn't seem to be the case to me. Otherwise, this was a fantastic episode. A lot of folks I speak to think the show is too slow but I am absolutely fascinated by it. I see what they are trying to do and I think they nail it spot on.

Some jails house for the state in return for compensation. That happens here in NC.

Some jails house for the state in return for compensation. That happens here in NC.

I don't follow. I know that we in NC do a jail share where if you are a misdemeanant then you can be sent to another jail if there is no room in your local jail, but I am not sure what you are referring to.

Back