• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2011 Chicago Cubs Thread

Damn, there are a lot of Yankee's fans there.

I expect to hear that a lot this week when the Yankees come visit the Reds.

Damn, there are a lot of Yankee's fans there.

I expect to hear that a lot this week when the Yankees come visit the Reds.

Should be a great Series v. the Reds. Wish I can figure a way to get there in person.

So, the rumor is Big Z is on the block, but as of now, no takers. Thoughts?

I do enjoy Z, I like his attitude and the fact that he gets pissed when things aren't going well, shows he has some heart and cares about wins/losses versus just a paycheck. That being said, if it makes our team better, I am all for it. The prevailing thought is that we are going after Pujols/Fielder next year - we need 2 more starting pitchers to contend, minus Z, that might make 3. In order to trade him, I would like a starting quality (young) pitcher back in return.

Just my thoughts

Epitomizes the cubs season:

Soriano leads off with a double
Gounder to move him to third with 1 out
Strike Out
Ground Out

Not sure why Hendry isn't blowing up the team yet, lets get some good young players in here and start getting ready for a spending spree in the offseason

Epitomizes the cubs season:

Soriano leads off with a double
Gounder to move him to third with 1 out
Strike Out
Ground Out

Not sure why Hendry isn't blowing up the team yet, lets get some good young players in here and start getting ready for a spending spree in the offseason

Have the Cubs ever done this?

I do enjoy Z, I like his attitude and the fact that he gets pissed when things aren't going well, shows he has some heart and cares about wins/losses versus just a paycheck. That being said, if it makes our team better, I am all for it. The prevailing thought is that we are going after Pujols/Fielder next year - we need 2 more starting pitchers to contend, minus Z, that might make 3. In order to trade him, I would like a starting quality (young) pitcher back in return.

Just my thoughts

this is a terrible idea, the cubs don't have the talent and arent gonna contend for a while. hendry needs to be gone, they need to blow up the team and start the rebuild. They just keep throwing money at crappy veterans and giving out awful contracts.

Just my thoughts

I LOVE Big Z

Have the Cubs ever done this?

We have over the past couple of years, trading away players like Derrek Lee, Theriot, Lilly, Fontenot. We need to do the same now, understanding that no one wil ltake Sori's contract, we should trade away pieces other teams can use, Pena, Zambrano, Wood and Ramirez (maybe no one wants him).

Go out, sign Pujols, find a couple of decent starting pitchers and a third basedman on the free agency pile and we're better off than we are now.

Looks like we are keeping doug davis for awhile, he is looking sharp early, 4 ER through 2 1/3....

3rd Inning:
1st batter - Leadoff walk
2nd Batter - bunt single, runners on 1st & 2nd
3rd batter - fielders choice, 1st & 3rd, 1 out
4th batter - K
5th batter - K

4th inning:
1st batter - single, advances to 2nd on error
2nd batter - Shallow pop up
3rd batter - ground out to pitcher, runner to 3rd
4th batter - K

Back to back innings with a man in scoring position with no outs and can't score. Save me jebus!

4 innings, 81 pitches, 9 hits, 2 walks, 6 ER and you leave the pitcher in to hit with 2 outs and a runner at 3rd?

Mike Quade for manager of the year - is Jim Riggleman available?

Back