• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2011 Chicago Cubs Thread

Yay, no loss on opening day! Suck it, Cardinals.

6.5h to first pitch.

Brewers are gonna be dangerous in the NL central as long as they don't get riddled w/ injuries again.

Most O/U I've found in Vegas are 80.5, so I'll go over 75.

I'll go with 79-83

I think we get to 83-85ish wins, so yea--enough to keep things interesting and maintain (false) hope here and there, but not enough to contend seriously in what is still a very weak decision.

Ultimately, I'm rooting for 1 of 2 scenarios: (1) Cubs win the WS; (2) Cubs finish with whatever (poor) record is necessary to jettison Jim Hendry.

Nice bounce-back win today. Huge knocks from Sori and DeWitt in the 8th, while Marmol made the Bucs look lol bad in striking out the side in the 9th.

Looking forward to seeing Garza go for the rubber game tomorrow.

Dewitt with a clutch hit. Good comeback in the second game of the year.

Marmol looked filthy in the 9th.

Excited to see Garza as well. Would be nice to open the season with a series win.

Ah, the Carlos Marmol Experience. Great one day, awful the next. Saw the same thing at Wrigley in a series against the Phillies last July. He mowed them down on Friday afternoon to lock down a save and then melted down on Saturday to blow one.

Fuck. Shit happens I guess. Sucks to blow a golden opportunity to take 2 of 3 in a very, very winnable series.

Wells on the mound today and up 2-1 in the top of the 5th behind a Soriano solo shot and a sac fly in the bottom of the 4th. Wells with 5 K's and 3 walks so far with 4 hits given up. Looks like he's in pretty good command of his stuff, but I'm just following on gametracker so it's hard to tell. Would be good to get a win today and get back to .500 through 4 home games.

Marmol on for the save in the 9th with the Cubbies up 4-1...let's get a 1-2-3 inning here and get Carlos his second save of the year after yesterday's loss.

Regardless of whether we hang on here, Quade needs to get Byrd the fuck out of 3rd in the lineup.

Yeah dude is batting like 3 for 18 on the season or something atrocious. We're actually batting terribly as a team so far.

Good win today against the D-Bags. Was nice to see the bullpen hold on.

Real excited for tomorrow's game, both to see how Cash does and because should the Cubs win, I love our chances for a sweep of this series (the SP matchup for game 3 on Wednesday is Armando Galarraga vs. Dempster).

Back