• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2011 Chicago Cubs Thread

Great 1st inning by Cashner - now lets see what the cubbies can do in the top of the 1st. And Quade is rearranging this lineup everyday - Fuku leadoff, castro 2 and Byrd 3. Pena out, Colvin in at 1st (and batting 5th).

Looks like the pen is going to blow this one. Cashner looked good, lets hope his injury isn't too bad.

Cubs manage to hold on 6-5. Shark once again proves that he is--and always has been--fucking terrible.

Aside from the injury to Cash (which hopefully isn't too serious, though the fact that it involves his shoulder is troubling), this is a pretty nice win. We gave Marmol a day off, won with our #5 starter, and have the clear edge in the SP matchup for tomorrow's game (Dempster vs. Armando Gallaraga).

Ugh... busy and missed the game today. Here's to tomorrow!

I'm really impressed with our young guys. We could be pretty good in the years to come if they stay in Chicago.

I think Colvin should be the starter at first over Pena.

I think based on defense alone the Cubs have to see if Pena can get his swing back together. Colvin also really struggled a lot down the stretch last year. But he looks good at the plate so far this year. And that was an awesome assist from RF the other day. Guy will certainly get a ton of games at various spots.

Headed to Target Field this weekend. That park has made me almost as much of a Twins fan as a Cubs fan. Almost.

Cubs manage to hold on 6-5. Shark once again proves that he is--and always has been--fucking terrible.

Aside from the injury to Cash (which hopefully isn't too serious, though the fact that it involves his shoulder is troubling), this is a pretty nice win. We gave Marmol a day off, won with our #5 starter, and have the clear edge in the SP matchup for tomorrow's game (Dempster vs. Armando Gallaraga).

Shark?

I'm in the group that thinks Smarjzdijajdiza isn't actually that bad - he just needs to learn some control. Reminds me of Marmol from a couple of years ago. I don't think he is ever going to be a quallity starter - but use him for 1 inning out of the pen, not so bad.

He looked good in the 6th.

Cashner and Hill to the DL. Not good for our pitching staff...seems like we will have to call somebody up.

Does anyone strike out as much as Soriano with a runner on third and less than 2 outs?

I did not see Wells going on the DL at all - wonder what happened?

I think we would have been fine missing Cashner because Casey Coleman is going to be a stud - I saw him a pitch a couple times in college, guy throws some wicked stuff.

Strained right forearm. Coleman is on deck I believe...eager to see what he can bring. Cashner has a rotator cuff thing...both are shut down for 10 days then will be reevaluated.

Nice way to start of the weekend series with the Brew Crew. I'm glad to see that Marmol now has two consecutive successful saves! Also doofus you can wear that Soto jersey proudly after his homer.

Coleman makes his debut for the Cubs today. Rubber match vs. the Brew Crew. This would be a good win for us. I'm happy that we are playing .500 baseball...if we can keep that up then we would obviously finish around 80 wins for the year. Get hot at the right time and we could make the playoffs out of the Central.

Back