• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2011 Chicago Cubs Thread

I was fortunate enough to be at the game on Monday night - very exciting, despite the bad weather. Even managed to call Colvin's game winner as I mentioned to my friends that the Cubs needed a fading line drive towards the right field corner if they wanted to win the game.

Garza with 6 ks through 3 - Pena up with the bags full - would be a great time for his first hr as a cub...

Good to see Soto coming back around - not that it super tough to do this early in the season, but he has jump his BA by 100 points over the last 6 games.

Maybe we can move him out of the 8 hole and put in the 3 spot.

I have a Soto Cubs jersey. He is swinging the bat well this year.

I think we may bump Castro down to the 3, but I like him at leadoff. If Soto can keep producing then he could be really useful at the 3.

I heard that about Castro - I think it would be a mistake to drop him to 3. I could see the 2 spot, if we wanted to put Barney or even kosuke at the 1.

Castro's offensive game reminds me of ryno - and he did his best damage when he was in the 2 hole - granted he hit 40 home runs in the clean-up spot - but we need a guy to set the table to let aram, pena, soto and sori bring them in.

35 pitch inning, 3 walks, amazing double play to end the inning - color me impressed that Garza got out of it, now lets get a couple more runs, cause knowing Quade, we will probably see Garza in the seventh, or worse Grabow....

Wondering if Quade knows we have a double header today - used 3 pitchers in that inning. Looks like game two will feature a heavy dose of James Russel and the Shark - can't wait!

I have a ticket for the game that was originally scheduled for today. Unfortauntely, I haven't been able to get away from the office. Any chance that gets me into tonight's game, or are they clearing the park after game one ends?

...and now the James Russell experiment begins again. If you have a seat in the outfield bleacher, be sure to bring a glove.

Back