• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2011 Chicago Cubs Thread

Scheduled off day for some cubs. ARam out today, DeWitt starting in his place. Cubs called up some dude I've never heard of, Tony Campana - hes got 2 hits today.

Z pitching (and hitting) a good game today, 6 innings, 1 earned so far (and 3-3 at the dish).

The Durham Bulls 3 OFs:

Guyer (came over in Garza trade): .333/.411/.569/.980
Jennings: .274/.382/.480/.862
Ruggiano: .301/.382/.514/.896

The Durham Bulls 3 OFs:

Guyer (came over in Garza trade): .333/.411/.569/.980
Jennings: .274/.382/.480/.862
Ruggiano: .301/.382/.514/.896

Oh yeah? Well Fernando Perez is putting up .194/.302/.295/.597 at Iowa and Garza is on the DL with a 2-4 record.

I'd say the trade is about a break-even right now.

Also, looks like Cashner will be in the pen when he returns.

Well the Legend of Sam Fuld is what we thought he was, and Archer's struggled a bit. Hak-Ju Lee has been awesome, and I expect him to break in to every top 50 list by next season.

I'd also say Garza's been a lot better than his 2-4 indicates. I wish Pena was doing better. I love that guy.

Yeah, Garza is pitching well, just not getting much support.

I have to imagine Sam Fuld is starting to fall into the "he is who we thought we was" category after a hot start - he's a 4th outfielder. And while we have consistently brought over the strong korean players, I would not get your hopes up on Lee, none of the players we have brought over so far have panned out as consistent major leaguers (see Choi, Hee-Seop or Ryu, Jae Kuk).

While be comment about it being an even trade was sarcastic, I do still think Garza was worth the chance.

What the hell does that mean? I use NWT on eBay when I sell football jerseys, but it means New With Tags, doesnt make much sense here.

Good series win against the Mets. Watched most of yesterday's game. Good to see us recover against a knuckleballer (although he threw mostly fastballs). Also good to see Fukudome get the power stroke going. He bombed that one.

The freaking Pirates are back in town. They always have our number.

Yeah, Garza is pitching well, just not getting much support.

I have to imagine Sam Fuld is starting to fall into the "he is who we thought we was" category after a hot start - he's a 4th outfielder. And while we have consistently brought over the strong korean players, I would not get your hopes up on Lee, none of the players we have brought over so far have panned out as consistent major leaguers (see Choi, Hee-Seop or Ryu, Jae Kuk).

While be comment about it being an even trade was sarcastic, I do still think Garza was worth the chance.

I'm actually really excited about Lee. The scouting reports were really positive going in to the season, and he is OPSing over.900 right now in A-ball. If Beckham wasn't having so much success iN AA, I'd consider bumping him off SS for Lee. He'll ahve to wait his turn; both are young for their leagues anyway.

WTF -the pirates? Jesus, 2 hit through 5 innings? This correieiea guy beat us earlier in the year too - what is the deal with us not beating the pirates?

My only thought is the curse of 2003 - we got ARam & Kenny Lofton - they got Bobby Hill, Jose Hernandez.

Down 4-0, load the bases in the 8th with two outs to bring up our cleanup hitter, best possible scenario, right?

Quick question, what is the lowest total of homeruns hit by a cleanup hitter by the end of June? ARam is going to challenge it this year.

Down 4-0, load the bases in the 8th with two outs to bring up our cleanup hitter, best possible scenario, right?

Quick question, what is the lowest total of homeruns hit by a cleanup hitter by the end of June? ARam is going to challenge it this year.

No idea, but I imagine it's whoever the Astros have in the cleanup spot. Hunter Pence has 6, but he always bats third. Fourth is usually Carlos Lee. Ugh.

Good series win against the Mets. Watched most of yesterday's game. Good to see us recover against a knuckleballer (although he threw mostly fastballs). Also good to see Fukudome get the power stroke going. He bombed that one.

The freaking Pirates are back in town. They always have our number.

I was at the Thursday game against the Mets--maybe the coldest I have ever been. Low 40s with the wind blowing in at 20 mph. It was the only game I've been to where my beer got colder the longer it sat in front of me. Good to see a win, though, and Pena hit a bomb to right.

Also went to the 10-0 drubbing on Saturday. Weather was better, but the game sucked. Always good to be at Wrigley, though...

Cubs have so many players on the DL that it feels like we're fielding the dang Tennessee Smokies at this point.

Cubs have so many players on the DL that it feels like we're fielding the dang Tennessee Smokies at this point.

Who's the closer for the smokies? Can he give up fewer than 6 runs in the 9th to the worst team in baseball?

Not a bad showing so far today. Lohse is a great pitcher, and we've done some damage. I thought it was going to be a typical Cubs disappointment when we had first and third with no outs in the 1st and didn't strike. But the rest of this game looks promising (knock on wood).

Boy, it's fun to watch Campana run the bases - but what a waste of talent batting him 8th. Only advantage I see to putting him 8th is a late double switch.

you want to talk about typical cubs disappointment? talk about the ending

Back