• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Mother's Basement HOT STOVE Offseason Thread

Also, mariners are willing to go to $230-$240 million for cano.

I'm surprised by the money he got. $10 million year one with a $9 million player option.

Seems nutty, especially since they have a great closer already, but it's the Dodgers. They gave a 3/$22.5MM contract to a guy to be their closer last year and then left him off their playoff roster. They have four starting OFs, three of which are signed to huge contracts. (Is ChrisPaul3 still around? It seems like it's been a while since our last Ned Colletti rant.)

On Cano, hahaha, how annoyed is Cashman with the Mariners right now??

This Cano thing has the all the markings of a last minute unknown team sweeping in and making a deal for him.

MY M'S ARE GOING ALL IN! SIGN CANO AND TRADE WALKER, SMOAK, AND ACKLEY FOR PRICE!

If he is going to their set up man, Kimbrel is going to get $texas.

So the Mariners must be at least accelerating the process, right? They're not going to want to wait around for long if they're trying to figure out how aggressive to be on other fronts.

This is all going to be anti-climactic when the Yankees let out a huge sigh and just give Cano $250MM and call it a day.

Watch the M's make all these moves and win, ohh, 82 games next year.

adding price and cano is 10 wins, so if you think they dont give up anything from the ML roster (unless its smoak/ackley/zunino who are net-0) they should get to 81 ignoring any other gains.

W00T! Go Robbie!

Jason A. Churchill ‏@ProspectInsider 4m
Asst GM that texted "panic" move yesterday says "I think Cano signs before he leaves." Believes Cano could be somewhat disenchanted with NYY

They're reported about to offer a nine year, $225 million contract to cano.

Good god I hope my kid gets his mother's athletic abilities.

IRRATIONALLY PUMPED! WHERE ARE TEH DEACPHANS???

Jonah Keri ‏@jonahkeri 25m
Actual scoop! Source confirms #Orioles have agreement with Ryan Webb for 2-year deal worth $4.5 million, pending physical.

Mariners Talks With Cano Fall Through

According to the New York Daily News team, Cano and his representatives from CAA and Roc Nation Sports arrived in Seattle with an eight-year, $200MM offer in hand from the Mariners and eventually received assurances that the Mariners would go to nine years and $225MM. However, a late change by agent Jay-Z in which he once again demanded $252MM over 10 years caused Mariners CEO Howard Lincoln to "explode," prompting the meeting to end.

Haha.

Eric hinske named cubs first base coach. One of my favorite guys, and one of the best tattoos evar.

Back