• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Mother's Basement HOT STOVE Offseason Thread

Because it's the Red Sox it's gonna work out. It always does for teams like them and the Cardinals when the make shaky moves.

The Mike Trout deal is done:

I don't understand the motivation for Trout to sign that deal. The opportunity cost to sign a long term deal at 29 vs. 26 just seems so high and diminishes the true value of that extension.

Yooo. Headed to Pittsburgh tomorrow for opening day on Monday. Gimme some good eats. Sports bars would be nice for the pens/Blackhawks game tomorrow night. Also, tell me what to see/do at PNC. First time there.

I don't understand the motivation for Trout to sign that deal. The opportunity cost to sign a long term deal at 29 vs. 26 just seems so high and diminishes the true value of that extension.

Really? He just got guaranteed $144 million. He only lost 3 FA years, for which he will be paid about 30 million per year (I think). Plus, he's still is position for another record breaking 10 year deal when this ends.

Yooo. Headed to Pittsburgh tomorrow for opening day on Monday. Gimme some good eats. Sports bars would be nice for the pens/Blackhawks game tomorrow night. Also, tell me what to see/do at PNC. First time there.

Nothing awesome to eat right at the stadium but if it's your first time, hit up the Primanti Bros right across the river.

I'm super jealous. PNC is still the nicest park I've been to.

Primanti Bros is the most overrated place on planet earth. A more tasteless abortion of a sandwich you will not find.

Nothing awesome to eat right at the stadium but if it's your first time, hit up the Primanti Bros right across the river.

I'm super jealous. PNC is still the nicest park I've been to.

Thanks. We're staying across the bridge so sounds like it'll be close by. We're excited though. All we've heard is that it's the nicest park people have been too. It's one of the few remaining east coast park for us besides the two in Florida (excluding Cincy, St. Louis - if you count those east coast).

Last edited:
This press conference is hysterical. They even have Trout's parents up on stage, in front of a ton of fans - Link

Primanti Bros is the most overrated place on planet earth. A more tasteless abortion of a sandwich you will not find.

totally agree with this. thought it was way overrated.

Also, saw a Tigers fan on the metro today coming back from the Nats-Tigs exhibition game after it got rained out and he was super disappointed because now he has to go to baltimore to see them. He was all sad townie

totally agree with this. thought it was way overrated.

Also, saw a Tigers fan on the metro today coming back from the Nats-Tigs exhibition game after it got rained out and he was super disappointed because now he has to go to baltimore to see them. He was all sad townie

maybe i'm just a rube, bc i really liked my sandwich

sad townie is sad

the last month for the tigers has been one bad decision after another

Wow. This is the first time I've been over here to browse this thread. Interesting. However, we will see who teaches who what. Townie, you & I will be competing in the overall standings among the 150 teams in the six Rookie leagues (or more if they had more people sign up), as well as against the other 24 teams in our own league. If you really feel that confident about your "stat knowledge" we could always have a little side action between you & me in the overall competetion. You might as well be compensated for "teaching" me about this stuff. I'd be happy to cover anything up to, say, $500. :)

this is my first time in the league and i'm sure i will have some serious growing pains most of the fun i was poking was about y'all talking about spring training stats so much

if i could afford to make a wager on something stats-related i totally would. we could do some small prop bets fosho.

maybe i'm just a rube, bc i really liked my sandwich

sad townie is sad

the last month for the tigers has been one bad decision after another

I have a hunch they ate at the stadium and not at the original down by the water late at night half-lit With Some overnight steel workers on their meal break

My dad used to be one of them so he showed me the ropes...delicious

I have a hunch they ate at the stadium and not at the original down by the water late at night half-lit With Some overnight steel workers on their meal break

My dad used to be one of them so he showed me the ropes...delicious

I have eaten at the original one and probably 4-6 others (including the stadium). They all sucked. I get the ambiance and tradition...that is all very cool. But as a sandwich it is terrible. It's bland and boring. But the folks in Pittsburgh think it is the greatest...like they think everything in Pittsburgh is the greatest.

You seem to be very preoccupied with age. How old are you, anyway....so we can be on a level playing field about this age stuff, as you know about how old I am. I've been competing in fantasy baseball since 1992. You act like I don't know jackshit about it. You may consider the things you have said on this thread to be "just good natured fun"...but they come off to me as brash, cocky, condescending bullshit. Well, we're getting ready to see just how much you know. I'm looking forward to it.

No idea how old you are, but I assume it's retiree age. I'm 26.

Considering your posting habits and your very strong opinions, I wouldn't cast too many stones, bkf.

I am just in the salary cap league for fun and to spread my fantasy wings a bit; not win money or prove to people I'm better at fantasy baseball. I've never been a top fantasy player by any means. Apologies if earlier posts rubbed you the wrong way. You've been helpful with suggestions for my team and insights into the format.

I'm sure we'll continue to have good back and forth. If you wanna see some brash, cocky, condescending bullshit, just wait til phan re-emerges and starts out-statting us all haha.

Also, I'd be ornery if I were a White Sox fan too :thumbsup:

Posts:22,608Also aceeight in the baseball thread I couldn't tell if you were upset with me, all I was saying is that I have had fun over here with you old timers and a new concept. We like to rag on an older crowd because rj constantly hates on stats. Hope you didnt think I was making fun of you guys or anything. I like it here tho I suspect it's a steep learning curve and I'll regret not listening to y'all more.

That's being condescending. If you aren't familiar with the word, you can look it up.

Ha not really, it's trash talking.

Back