• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2014 Mother's Basement MLB Season Thread - #dynasty vs. #destiny

Anyone seeing anything surprising? Biggest rumor I've seen is Keith Law saying Brewers might take Hawaii kid, Kodi Medeiros, who Royals were heavy on.

So jealous. I need to move to the west coast so I can be a full time A's / LA Kings fan.

Yes, yes.... you are.

giphy.gif

rays poised to drop their 10th in a row. let's just blow this mother up.

The only trap they did not fall for was Werth...the only one they should have fallen for.

Oh.... you were just talking about the Phillies. Huh. ;)

And no, they should not have matched that contract for Jayson Werth. He was mediocre the one year of that contract that the Phillies were competitive, and now would be another huge contract that they'd be waiting out.

Bit of a surprise with the Fish going Kolek. I really liked Rodon, but he really only has two pitches (80 grade slider, and a fast ball with diminished velocity this season) and has a ton of mileage on his arm, plus he's a Boras client. I can be on board with that pick though, really hoping we can pick up a solid IF with one of our final 2 picks in rounds 1-2.

Somebody has got to sit Gammons down and tell him he needs to give the on air appearances up.

The system is really light on bats after Singleton, Springer, and Correa. And of those three, Correa is the only one that projects to hit for serious power and average.

On the flip side, the Astros are bubbling over with promising arms at every level of the system, and the MLB club has pitched so well for about a month now that it's not clear where all of the arms will fit.

BRO why do you hate my bois PRESTON and FONTANA.

Back