• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2014 Mother's Basement MLB Season Thread - #dynasty vs. #destiny

iH9tysrd8u3I6.gif

Davis is still under contract. Nice display of Natitude though.

do you really think cruz and hardy will get QOs?

this has to be the least interested i've been in the draft in almost 10 years. just no time to read up on it, and the rays recent draft woes make the payoff seem less. though the recent drafts are looking a lot better this year as brett, hager, goeddel, goetzman, etc. are all having great years.

do you really think cruz and hardy will get QOs?

Unless he gets a second suspension, Cruz will undoubtedly get a QO. He is leading MLB in HR. He is on pace for crazy numbers, but even if he hits 40HR, he is worth the QO. I would be happy if he took it and stayed in Bmore.

Regarding Hardy, I think he is the best SS available in FA. The team up north will need a SS. At a minimum, that drives up the price for Hardy even if they don't sign him. He is elite defensively. Power numbers are down, but his average is up. I think the HRs will come around.

word. i hadnt realized how good cruz has been this year. i still wonder if he'll keep it up for this year and next and be worth it at 35. hardy at 33 will be interesting as well. i wonder what the qo will be up to by then.

lol. just realized theyll be fas after THIS year for NEXT year's draft. i'm a donk.

I got to this part of the Posnanski article, and now I’m feeling covetous.

I learned about 10 million things when talking with Oakland’s Director of Baseball Operations Farhan Zaidi, who is utterly brilliant and will be a GM very soon. But one thing that sticks with me most is how the A’s will spend countless hours and endless energy trying to avoid traps. People who run baseball teams are constantly running into traps. This player throws 100 mph but can’t throw strikes — hey, take a chance. This player wants more money than he’s worth but can help the team — hey, take a chance. This player can’t hit yet but his attitude is off the chart — hey, take a chance. This player is a local legend and people are saying he’s a future star — hey, take a chance. All of these are traps.

Just got some fucking shitty work news. Dayton is gonna fuck this up and spurs are gonna lose.

OK, so I’ve read just about all I could find on Farhan Zaidi, and I’m smitten. His sister is even getting her doctorate at UPenn! #destiny

Kara talks with Farhan Zaidi

Of course, David Montgomery is seriously old school, and we can’t really get rid of him since he’s an owner. So now I’m terrified over who the Phillies will hire when RAJ is finally gone.

at least i can jump on MY A's bw now that the rays are terribad.

The OFFICIAL 2014 Mother's Basement MLB Season Thread - #MLBdraft, post hot r...

I got to this part of the Posnanski article, and now I’m feeling covetous.

In :45 I am about to watch a field full of traps.

Tigs putting out Andrew Romine, career WAR 0.1 today at short LEGGO

fun while it lasted, past townie

let the great andrew romine era end

final (let's hope) stats for him this season

126 plate apppearances; 24 hits, 1 homer, 4 RBI, BA .207, OBP .264, SLG .259

but he wasn't traded for his bat

how was he in the field you ask?

fangraphs says he only recorded on out on 50/75 balls in the ss zone, so a zone rating of .667 ranking him 12th out of 14 shortstops with 300 innings in the field this season

he has made fewer OOZ plays per inning than anyone in that same group

his UZR is on pace for -19.6 and a -4 defensive runs saved

happy trails, cuz

Back