• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

I've heard this, but what exactly stops this from happening? Washington (I think) didn't think we were designed for any political parties, yet here we are.

It’s a game of chicken. Whoever breaks first will lose so much power they likely wouldn’t be able to recover.

There’s some truth to this, but what centrists don’t understand is that nobody likes the status quo. You’re either moving one way or another politically as a nation. A side that wants to maintain the status quo will always lose. So maybe we should stop funneling all the Democratic money to status quo candidates.

Making excuses for a system/process that is flawed would be centrist and staying with the "status quo".
I'm for changing the System that prevents our attracting more competent, consistent representation. Term limits.
Blow the System up. Don't know how anyone can see that as centrist or accepting the "status quo".

The one thing the Republican party has really figured out is that a large percentage of the population is stupid and can't understand complex solutions to complex issues. So they just repeat cliched phrases like tax cuts, personal responsibility, and crime . . . and the crowd goes wild.

- Sincerely, A Guy Who Was once A Republican

No offense, but your comfort in the Democratic Party as a former Republican is not the rebuttal you think it is. Moderate liberalism is like political methadone for recovering Republicans. Let’s be real, what more was asked of you when you switched parties?

No offense, but your comfort in the Democratic Party as a former Republican is not the rebuttal you think it is. Moderate liberalism is like political methadone for recovering Republicans. Let’s be real, what more was asked of you when you switched parties?

Please explain the relevance of what was asked of me when I switched parties.

progressives hate everybody but themselves.......and want to build a governing coalition. checks out.

progressives hate everybody but themselves.......and want to build a governing coalition. checks out.

We just go round and round, this is boring. Aren’t you bored of this? Let’s just take a break from this for a little while. Temporary truce.

it's his whole shtick. the democratic party taking monumental losses left and right, in real time, and he's on here browbeating progressives

All this blame is fucking annoying. It was fucking reversed no matter whose fault it was. Let’s fix it.

All this blame is fucking annoying. It was fucking reversed no matter whose fault it was. Let’s fix it.

Yeah, but I think it’s absolutely worth noting that the Millennials are obviously at fault here.

at this point, you'd be a fool not to get a gun

I’m not sure if this is serious…

Owning a gun increases the chances that you or someone in your household is killed by a gun. Those are the facts.

it's his whole shtick. the democratic party taking monumental losses left and right, in real time, and he's on here browbeating progressives

I'd love to hear your thoughts on schticks of Brasky, MHB, MDMH, et al. If there is any day to play the blame game, it's today. Lots of blame to go around, and 95% falls on all the dumb fucking republican rubes in our rapidly declining idiocratic empire.

Pretty sure it’s the Republicans’ fault.

Yes, I’m just sick of the fucking liberal vs leftist debate on here on every fucking thread by the same few people. It’s basically as if rj was back on here the way it derails things.

Yes, I’m just sick of the fucking liberal vs leftist debate on here on every fucking thread by the same few people. It’s basically as if rj was back on here the way it derails things.

Right, me too.

Silicon Valley intellect, truly one of our nations greatest resources

“Judges can’t just wake up one day & say I have an agenda - I like guns, I hate guns, I like abortion, I hate abortion — and walk in like a royal queen and impose their will on the world. It’s not the law of Amy. It’s the law of the American people.” ~ Amy Coney Barrett, 10/13/20

“Judges can’t just wake up one day & say I have an agenda - I like guns, I hate guns, I like abortion, I hate abortion — and walk in like a royal queen and impose their will on the world. It’s not the law of Amy. It’s the law of the American people.” ~ Amy Coney Barrett, 10/13/20

*wink*

Back