• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

would be really great if some of these SCOTUS justices die in the next few months

I wake up every morning hoping that six people died in their sleep last night. Good job you crackers ass crackers who created this clusterfuck.

Hey, where are those all Roberts apologists who say he is a moderate and cares about the perception of the Roberts Court? I cant see to find any of them today.

As the politicalization of the court is obviously accelerating, what is to stop conservatives from pushing through endless cases to insure that all their policy goals and complaints are eventually determined by this court?

As the politicalization of the court is obviously accelerating, what is to stop conservatives from pushing through endless cases to insure that all their policy goals and complaints are eventually determined by this court?

You know the answer to that.

Packing the court -- won't happen, but it's the only way to stop it (sans deaths). Elections have consequences.

Hey, where are those all Roberts apologists who say he is a moderate and cares about the perception of the Roberts Court? I cant see to find any of them today.

There are no Republican institutionalists. If the institution isn’t stripping rights, it has to be burned down.

Nothing. This has been the Republican goal for decades.

Elections have consequences.

They absolutely do. I’m usually discussing voting participation on the political chat thread. It’s very important we figure out: who isn’t voting, where people aren’t voting, and why they aren’t voting.

Paragons of integrity. These statements were made under oath:

I have no idea what's in the federal case pipeline, but I'll bet all kinds of money that if there's not something there already, there will be a case challenging Obergefell filed within three months. If that long.

They absolutely do. I’m usually discussing voting participation on the political chat thread. It’s very important we figure out: who isn’t voting, where people aren’t voting, and why they aren’t voting.

We don’t vote because our choices leave us feeling dirty. The Pubs put up a vile, truly despicable man and the Dems counter with a politician with a checkered past and sense of entitlement and a worthless career politician who has no more leadership ability than my gold fish. Our ability to attract the best and brightest no longer exists and will remain that way until we pass term limits in this Country, for everyone. You get elected you stay for 6 years and then go away, all branches, executive, legislative and judicial. Finis.

Fuck you and Fuck that both sides bullshit

You are free to that sentiment, but it’s pretty clear that the Democratic Party needs disenchanted apolitical voters more than those voters need the Democratic Party. The party can reach out to them or not, but those voters damn sure aren’t moving to the party on their own.

Liberals are quite good at diagnosing the problems with leftism while their own losses pile up mountain high - Physician, heal thyself.

Paragons of integrity. These statements were made under oath:

Impeach them all for perjury.

Liberals are quite good at diagnosing the problems with leftism while their own losses pile up mountain high - Physician, heal thyself.

due to the nature of US electoral law, the democrats are at a disadvantage due to a highly concentrated support base. leftist politics, which exasperates that concentration in support, insists that we need to follow their lead when they have demonstrated no real electoral success.

All while taxes stay low, white collar crime isn’t prosecuted and their portfolios grow. Limousine Liberals.

It’s performance art.

due to the nature of US electoral law, the democrats are at a disadvantage due to a highly concentrated support base. leftist politics, which exasperates that concentration in support, insists that we need to follow their lead when they have demonstrated no real electoral success.

And moderates have very few policy successes. That’s the impasse.

Back