• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

Technically it is not the refusal to accept the gift that is the problem, it is the failure to disclose the gifts and the relationship and a lack of ethics guidelines and rules for judicial recusal. I honestly hope it comes out that Bryer or Soto Mayor also accepted lavish gifts so that the GQP house will do something about it.

Technically it is not the refusal to accept the gift that is the problem, it is the failure to disclose the gifts and the relationship and a lack of ethics guidelines and rules for judicial recusal. I honestly hope it comes out that Bryer or Soto Mayor also accepted lavish gifts so that the GQP house will do something about it.
They wouldn't do anything except use both sides logic to defend their corruption.

I think accepting the gift is also a serious problem. Hatch Act doesn’t apply to judges but they should have something equivalent.
That's why I said "Technically." I agree it's not ok for our justices to simply be bound by personal integrity.

That's why I said "Technically." I agree it's not ok for our justices to simply be bound by personal integrity.
And a good stiff breeze. Their personal integrity is influenced by (benefits from) shifting winds all the time.

At this point it's getting like the Herschel Walker news, and the next thing we're going to find out is Thomas operated an abortion clinic funded by Harland Crowe.

Back