• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

Nice work, Willis. I also did the Fondo and it was great.

Saw each Pilot View climb on Monday as a friend 2 houses away had a party. Great time. A few riders even accepted beers on their final climb when they knew they were out of the money group. Very cool.

For a cycling fan, race weekend in W-S is really tough to beat.

Yep, and seeing BNL wasn't half bad either! My son's first concert.

posted this over on the sports board but didn't hear anything - anyone know where I could buy a Wake Forest Triathlon suit? Can't seem to find anything online anywhere but can find plenty of stuff for other schools

posted this over on the sports board but didn't hear anything - anyone know where I could buy a Wake Forest Triathlon suit? Can't seem to find anything online anywhere but can find plenty of stuff for other schools

do they have a team at school with a website/contact info? you might have better luck getting in touch with that specific person and seeing if you can get in on the next order they make for the team.
tri gear is pretty specific, and unless there's a BIG school with a bandwagon following it's kind of rare that a decent apparel company would pick up such a niche item. emphasis on decent.

I think it would be cool to get a WF bike jersey. Haven't looked, so they might be easy to find.

Med school has a team that has pretty cool jerseys.

I think it would be cool to get a WF bike jersey. Haven't looked, so they might be easy to find.

Med school has a team that has pretty cool jerseys.

Cycling jerseys are def out there...I got one about 5 yrs ago. Have never seen WFU tri gear...

do they have a team at school with a website/contact info? you might have better luck getting in touch with that specific person and seeing if you can get in on the next order they make for the team.
tri gear is pretty specific, and unless there's a BIG school with a bandwagon following it's kind of rare that a decent apparel company would pick up such a niche item. emphasis on decent.

Thanks for the advice, I've reached out to the Wake Cycling Group and they said they do have discounts for alums. I'll pass along pics and order information when I get them for anyone else interested.

Sure thing! and yes - the cycling team is generally pretty cool about opening orders to alums.

This is so cool. It's awesome to have one of the all-time greats in the sport be such an awesome person.

http://www.runnersworld.com/elite-runners/keflezighis-theyre-just-like-us

rALB2nt.jpg

If you're into road cycling and in the NC area, you really should consider the time trial at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Hadn't done it in a few years and did it with 4 buddies last night. I averaged 24.66 mph for the 10 miles...and got smoked by all my bros. A bit windy on the backstretch, but I suppose there's always some breeze there in the evenings.

Most of my rides are in a group, so this is a great way to be challenged without the help of a paceline.

Did the annual Blood, Sweat and Gears in the NC mountains on Saturday. They cut out the Parkway in this year's version, so that made it 88 miles. Came in right at 5 hours and felt really good on the climbs. Snake Mtn always seems to have its own weather pattern and this year it was rainy and windy.

Great event...I highly recommend if you're a roadie looking for a race in the mountains.

Just booked flights to Lyon / Burgundy for next week - will be at the finish line of Stage 7 of the Tour (Nuits-Saint-Georges) and the start for Stage 8 (Dole) ... hitting up a few wineries with vadtoy as well and got reservations at Maison Lameloise (3* Michelin) which is going to cost easy double what the flights did, lol.

Just booked flights to Lyon / Burgundy for next week - will be at the finish line of Stage 7 of the Tour (Nuits-Saint-Georges) and the start for Stage 8 (Dole) ... hitting up a few wineries with vadtoy as well and got reservations at Maison Lameloise (3* Michelin) which is going to cost easy double what the flights did, lol.

well shit. this sounds perfect.

well shit. this sounds perfect.

Pretty much - vadtoy is hyped. She's done Burgundy before, but never a major cycling race so it'll be fun. The guy we're renting a house from has got us setup in a brasserie in the middle of Nuits-Saint-Georges about 250m from the finish line, so we'll grab lunch and watch the first few hours on TV there and then head over to catch the caravan and pageantry and then the finish (should be a sprint, it's a very flat stage). Might actually be more excited about being at the start for Stage 8, the few hours before the start in a tiny town are always a blast and you get to see all kinds of sweet gear and meet riders, etc.

Separate topic - friend here got one of these for a new commuter bike. It's fucking amazing - made by a German company, it's a stealth e-bike and it rides like an absolute dream. If they weren't €4k, I'd be lusting after one badly.

coboc-black1.jpg

I purchased a bike several months ago after not having one since I was a kid. What are some good places to ride within an hour or two of Winston? I did the Virginia Creeper trail from Whitetop to Damascus but have mostly just rode on the greenways. At this point I'm probably still looking for an easier ride rather than something technical or with a lot of climbing.

Back