• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

c2fb711de755e5644bdad7f1d16716da.jpg

BTTT

So I tore my meniscus a few months ago and had surgery on it this morning. Apparently they found a good bit of arthritis in my knee and the doctor basically said I should only do low impact exercise from now on -so no more running. I am unbelievably pissed and very down. Do any of you have any experience with this, or know someone who's gone through this and got some some of PT that enabled them to run again?

JimBoeheim did his first Ironman this past weekend. 3:10:51 marathon, sub 10 hrs for the race. Silly fast.

JimBoeheim did his first Ironman this past weekend. 3:10:51 marathon, sub 10 hrs for the race. Silly fast.

At first I thought this was actually talking about Coach Jim Boeheim, and I was like WHAT THE FUCK?

So I tore my meniscus a few months ago and had surgery on it this morning. Apparently they found a good bit of arthritis in my knee and the doctor basically said I should only do low impact exercise from now on -so no more running. I am unbelievably pissed and very down. Do any of you have any experience with this, or know someone who's gone through this and got some some of PT that enabled them to run again?

Get a new doctor
Continue Running
??????
Profit

effing a, that's awesome. did he do Chattanooga?

And the bike was 4 miles too long due to some routing issues - Making the sub-10 hour time even more impressive.

My friend who did that race said someone put oil and tacks on the bike route... Luckily they found it before the riders got there. WTF!?

8 x 800 on the WFU track yesterday morning.

And the bike was 4 miles too long due to some routing issues - Making the sub-10 hour time even more impressive.

My friend who did that race said someone put oil and tacks on the bike route... Luckily they found it before the riders got there. WTF!?

yep, they're looking for the folks who did it to press criminal charges.
it's (sadly) not uncommon... there was a race out here last year and the bike route went through some pretty rural areas. the local gun club tacked the road because they were upset it was going to impede traffic getting out to their range.

ever read the "pissed off" thread?

I have read the 'pissed off' thread. But, it is a large leap from being annoyed by bikers on the road to actually sabotaging the road to potentially cause serious injury...

Back