• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

What does everyone here eat for snacks? Eating lots of protein bars gets expensive. I know RTQ does baby carrots and hummus.

Pecans, almonds, and black bean hummus.

What's the deal with this water mix stuff that can take the place of my shot blocks and/or jelly beans?

What does everyone here eat for snacks? Eating lots of protein bars gets expensive. I know RTQ does baby carrots and hummus.

Actually I really try not to snack. Don't have hummus often and carrots are part of my lunch. If I'm really dragging in the afternoon, I'll eat a banana or greek yogurt. Generally those are packed to be part of my lunch but since I wait to eat them, I guess it counts as a snack.

I like the little snackpacks of nuts and dried fruit from trader joe's - cashews, almonds, dried cranberries.
mid-afternoon I usually have an apple, which is packed as part of my lunch, but I try to spread my lunch out over a couple hours.
dried apricots are my other thing; i keep a big bag in my desk and snag one when i can feel hanger coming on.

I'm sure this has been hashed and re-hashed in the thread before, but I'll ask it again.

I'm currently using the Garmin205. It works fine, but it's huge and the battery is starting to dwindle. I'm looking to purchase a new one in the next few months. I don't run with my iPhone, so using an app from that isn't really an option. I rarely plug my 205 into my computer and don't need heart monitoring capabilities. Anyone have any Garmin models they recommend or others they really like?

I'm sure this has been hashed and re-hashed in the thread before, but I'll ask it again.

I'm currently using the Garmin205. It works fine, but it's huge and the battery is starting to dwindle. I'm looking to purchase a new one in the next few months. I don't run with my iPhone, so using an app from that isn't really an option. I rarely plug my 205 into my computer and don't need heart monitoring capabilities. Anyone have any Garmin models they recommend or others they really like?

I use the 220 and love it.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/ is a great resource for comparing GPS watches.

yeah, I was going to point you in the direction of dcrainmaker.com to compare different models.

Garmin just released the 225, that's the same as the DC Rainmaker recommended 220, but with an optical HRM.

Just a heads up, the Runnymede Attack Owl was out in full force this morning near the intersection with Stratford. It got several folks including a least one hat.

Quite the experience getting dive bombed by a large winged creature.

Just a heads up, the Runnymede Attack Owl was out in full force this morning near the intersection with Stratford. It got several folks including a least one hat.

Quite the experience getting dive bombed by a large winged creature.

I've heard all about him, but have never seen him! I only run mornings 1-2 times a week, but it nearly always includes Runnymede.

Organizing the Beer Mile was always dumb. It's like organizing Cards Against Humanity.

Way to go rogue Groansboro.

Back