• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

I haven't really felt bad since I right after. I just haven't wanted to eat. I have been eating, mainly because my wife made a whole bunch of stuff for a celebration we had with friends on Saturday night.

Of course, my quads are sore and my feet hurt, probably for walking so much in running shoes. I did very light squats this morning and my legs felt better afterwards, so I'm thinking about a slow, short run or ride on Wednesday.

I'm ready to get my appetite back though.

Double Dare is coming! Double Dare is coming! There shall be much riding, and gnar, and whiskey, and likely some level of debauchery. 2 days, 80+ miles of sweet Pisgah each day, tens of thousands of feet of climbing and descending, all the good things.

This is the final in this year's King of Pisgah competition. I shall not be the king (or queen) but it's been a really great series and I'll sign up for it and Pisgah Stage Race every year if possible.

http://www.pisgahproductions.com/events/double-dare-mtb-race/

The "Anvil:" five ironman-length races in 5 days...

"Competitors may choose one of two ways to mete out their self-flagellation: do one Ironman-length triathlon a day for five days, abiding by a 17-hour cutoff, or do all of it continuously — a 12-mile swim, followed by a 560-mile bike ride and a 131-mile run — stretched out over five and a half days, broken up however you wish."

insane.

Eff that. One is way more than enough.

Anyone running the Charlotte Marathon? I've failed to start the last two marathons I signed up for. But thinking about jumping in this one on a whim. I'd love to go run Richmond but as much as I don't really like Charlotte, it is cheap (i.e. no travel) and super easy for me since the start is near home.

Just signed up for Berlin (again, DNS this year) can't wait for that.

I'm running the CLT marathon next week. Should be interesting coming off a knee sprain a month ago

Haven't run it before, but by most accounts, it's a fun one. Mostly road race. I think two miles on a greenway.

Nice SCD! I've run it a couple times (pace group leader last year) and bike/cheer the years I don't run. The second half is pretty rough. Save soemthing for the last 1.5 miles as you come off the greenway and climb back uptown to the finish. Let me know if you have any questions.

Running my first Disney event tomorrow, the Food and Wine Half-Marathon.

Thought because of the terrain and temperature, I'd PR pretty easily. Was told today that because of crowds and lack of runner etiquette here, the only way you can PR a race here is if you're elite or it's your first.

Just going to relax and try to have fun. And no, that isn't why I run races.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice SCD! I've run it a couple times (pace group leader last year) and bike/cheer the years I don't run. The second half is pretty rough. Save soemthing for the last 1.5 miles as you come off the greenway and climb back uptown to the finish. Let me know if you have any questions.
Nice! Thanks, JB. That's really good to know. Is the greenway concrete or a trail?

Thought because of the terrain and temperature, I'd PR pretty easily. Was told today that because of crowds and lack of runner etiquette here, the only way you can PR a race here is if you're elite or it's your first.

What'd you think? The two runners I'm with thought the course was kind of boring and lacked much of a Disney touch. The first 5k defs took them much longer too getting around people. Time to drink around the world!

It's really important to get in a good corral for the Disney races. In my experience, if you submit a decent time from a previous half or marathon, you'll be up front and won't have to fight the crowd too much. But I haven't run one in several years, so things might have changed.

Nice! Thanks, JB. That's really good to know. Is the greenway concrete or a trail?

It is concete and very short but rolling, right in the city along a creek, I think they save money on cops by going under/avoiding some traffic crossings. The second half of the race is definitely tougher than the first half. I haven't seen the elevation profile anywhere, I wonder if it is on strava.

Here it is on strava, the greenway is like from 24.5-25. https://www.strava.com/activities/433788904

Last edited:
I thought the race was great. It was a bit warm, but not awful (they had heat advisory signs up). Lots of great support and I didn't think it was boring. Way more active than any race I've run, save the Monument Ave 10k.

I was able to place in the B corral. Since I submitted my time, I could probably have a result to have placed in the A corral. Crowd in my corral wasn't too bad. I had to run through quite a few people at the start. If I was aiming for a PR, I might've been more upset. Ended up finishing at the front of my group and beat quite s few people in A (3 min advance). Tuned at 1:45:20, which is decent, but minutes shy of my half PR (1:40.xx).

I'd love to run it again. Next year, I'll maybe try the two-course challenge and do the 10k on Saturday. I think I'd just gave to run easy.

The only WTF to me was gel placement. There was only 1 gel stop and it was around mile 8, which I thought was late. I took my only gel around 3.5 and felt fine.

Drank a ton of beer and wine at Epcot afterwards. Woke up at 3AM. Raced, showered and back to EPCOT by 10:30AM, where we stayed until 10:30PM.

Back