• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

I've never dealt with that - thank goodness for sports bras - but lots of guys use Body Glide to help. Tech fabric t-shirts, like dri-fit, are better than cotton too.

There's no reason to ever run in cotton anything. A good tech t-shirt can be had for under $10 at Marshall's. Same with underwear, shorts, etc.

There's no reason to ever run in cotton anything. A good tech t-shirt can be had for under $10 at Marshall's. Same with underwear, shorts, etc.

Cool story. I found 2011 Nike Running tech shirts for $2.97 at the Nike outlet here in Cincinnnati. The really nice, $35 normal priced, ones.

I couldn't believe it. I bought 3 of them, even though they are all the same color.

do any of y'all have lower back pain issues? i only have issues every now and then, but today is really, REALLY bad. i'm supposed to run with a friend at 6, and i'm wondering if anybody can tell me if running makes it worse. i'm going to bail if it will make it worse, but if it either makes it better or doesn't really make a difference either way, i'm going to try to run.

Another data point: BodyGlide works for "other" places for me, but the only thing I've found that works consistently for my nips is medical tape. BodyGlide has been surprisingly good at relieving a little hot spot that my VFF's cause after 10 miles or so. My point: you may need to experiment before you find the best solution for you.

What works for me: body glide below the waist and armpits; Medical tape on the nips if its hot/rainy or the small circular bandaids on the nips if its cold/dry; compression shorts always; medical tape around a few toes/areas prone to blisters.

I have had some epically bloody nips in the past its been through trial and error that i've got this program down. I've learned what areas to hit with body glide because of the scream-inducing showers after a long run. Also, if you wear compression shorts, don't forget to use body glide on the seams/tag area--those areas can turn into razors.

The TJ Maxx in my town has been carrying a lot of Brooks and Nike Combat Pro running gear at crazy prices. My favorite running shorts (some Reebok) came from TJ Maxx as well for under $15.

Just found this thread and I haven't read the whole thing...

Is anyone doing the Myrtle Beach half 2/18?
What about the Tobacco Trail half in Cary in mid-March? I am doing both...

I am not happy right now as I just came down with a cold and cough... I did the Krispy Kreme Challenge last Saturday and then did 13 on Sunday on the Tobacco Trail route. It was cold and wet and I got sick the next day...

I am not happy right now as I just came down with a cold and cough... I did the Krispy Kreme Challenge last Saturday and then did 13 on Sunday on the Tobacco Trail route. It was cold and wet and I got sick the next day...

Running the Myrtle Beach full and hoping for good weather. Good luck in the half!

I did the Tobacco half last year and loved it...very fast course and I have my PR there.

Ran the Myrtle Half last year, flat and fast, although the back stretch on Ocean Blvd is cool for a bit then boring as there are no spectators really in February in Myrtle Beach.

Cooper River Bridge Run has 31K registrants as of a little while ago.

Cooper River Bridge Run has 31K registrants as of a little while ago.

I've been there for the after party, but I've never run the race. Worth it if it's that crowded or should I just avoid and spend a weekend in Charleston some other time?

I've been there for the after party, but I've never run the race. Worth it if it's that crowded or should I just avoid and spend a weekend in Charleston some other time?

we stayed in Isle of Palms but I assume Charleston will be a madhouse. with that said, it's a great race but 40K+ runners is alot of frickin people. Definitely run it at some point though, it's one of the biggest 10K's in the country.

Both are too long for me. I am just trying to find a 5K to go with, but it's going to have to be later in the year, as I am such a baby about running when it's cold out.

I ran the race last year and it was a blast. Definitely a packed house but well worth it. The key to its success was the corrals. Make sure you are in the sub 49:00 corral even if you run a 50-55 min 10k.

I ran the race last year and it was a blast. Definitely a packed house but well worth it. The key to its success was the corrals. Make sure you are in the sub 49:00 corral even if you run a 50-55 min 10k.

I ran a 7 mile race in a little under an hour and should be a few minutes faster this time around. Where should I start?

Back