• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Yeah, let the sitter do it. You don't want to always HAVE to be the ones to put him down and if he doesn't go to bed easily at 7 worst case scenario is he falls asleep later from exhaustion (I am assuming if he fights it, you would tell the sitter to just let him stay up. Otherwise I guess worst case scenario is he CIO)

Yeah, think that's where I'm leaning. It's just so close in timing that it wouldn't be that early to bed but he'll be fine.

Give him a couple of sips of red wine before the sitter arrives.

Can't decide what to do tonight. Babysitter is coming around 6:30 and squirrel usually goes down around 7. Only HTTD or i have ever put him to bed so I'm hesitant to have her do it in case it goes terribly wrong, but on the other hand if he happens to wake up and she has to go in there that might be a shock if he doesn't know she's over. What to do?

Coincidentally, I had to stop writing this post to answer a call from daycare letting me know he was bitten again. First time it's sounded like semi his fault though so maybe he's trying to throw his weight around in there.

We just have the sitter come early to hang with the kids while we get ready, and then we typically put them to bed so as not to permanently damage the relationship with the sitter. That way they know the sitter and are not surprised if she has to go to them, and we avoid a potentially horrific bedtime for the sitter. We also have 3 and rarely go anywhere.

We just have the sitter come early to hang with the kids while we get ready, and then we typically put them to bed so as not to permanently damage the relationship with the sitter. That way they know the sitter and are not surprised if she has to go to them, and we avoid a potentially horrific bedtime for the sitter. We also have 3 and rarely go anywhere.

I think this would be the ideal but unfortunately just not enough time tonight.

we are going to be first time flyers with our then 6month old. Any tips/advice/gear must haves? We did not get him his own seat and the flight is around 5 hours nonstop.

As soon as you get to the gate tell the person at the desk that you have a 6 month old without his own seat and ask that if they have any rows with an empty seat to switch you to that row. It usually works every time to get a free seat (assuming the plane is not completely full), as they don't want a screaming kid any more than you do.

I am generally digging the boy being bipedal. He's trucking all around the house holding toys and looking all cute. But I took my eyes off of him for a moment to piss yesterday while home alone with him, and I come out to find him with a mouthful of dry dog food from the dog's bowl. I immediately reached into his mouth and flicked out about 4 pieces, one of which was on the back of his tongue. In a freak out I held him in the downward baby choking position and hit his back just as a precaution. He was not pleased and screamed at me for the next 10 minutes or so. sheesh

we are going to be first time flyers with our then 6month old. Any tips/advice/gear must haves? We did not get him his own seat and the flight is around 5 hours nonstop.

Benadryl.

Stick your wife with the kid and take a later flight.

Change him her right before the flight. Don't forget the changing pad or whatever. My kids started flying at like 3 mos and now they are pros. Have plenty of formula and a pacifier. Good luck.

Boston, what airline? If you're flying Southwest, try to choose a row at least one row away from anybody else. That way nobody can legitimately complain about be forced to sit near your child.

Over 5 hours just be prepared for anything.

If you are still nursing, nurse on take off and landing. Six months was actually a great age for travel, he mostly slept.

We're going to Colorado with the 9.5 mo old over Xmas. He was a champ on previous trips, but feel like this one might be more challenging all things considered

Boston, what airline? If you're flying Southwest, try to choose a row at least one row away from anybody else. That way nobody can legitimately complain about be forced to sit near your child.

Over 5 hours just be prepared for anything.

Flying JetBlue. He loves tv so we will have that in our belt as well

If you're still nursing, whip out that breast pump on the plane and give everyone the show of their life.

If you are still nursing, nurse on take off and landing. Six months was actually a great age for travel, he mostly slept.

this is very good advice. it can really help with the ear pressure some experience.

If you're still nursing, whip out that breast pump on the plane and give everyone the show of their life.

if that is the show of someone's life i would feel terrible. what a lame life.*

*i did see a woman at a wedding reception whip one out of her dress in the middle of the room to give her son a drink. he was about 2 1/2.

Back