• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

So our nannyshare consists of 4 little girls right now. The Bug is the oldest (turned 2 at the end of May), the next one turned two the beginning of July, and a third turned two the beginning of August. The fourth just turned two in December.

We have been putting off potty training (at least in a serious way) to after the holidays, but apparently now the time has come. Our nanny has mentioned trying to get the three older girls trained together starting MLK weekend and beyond. God bless her.

My sister's baby sitter did that with my nieces (twins) and another girl. They ran around with no pants or anything on. It worked well. With nothing on, they quickly realized there was nothing at all to catch it if they had to go.

Probably goes without saying, but that would not work with boys at all.

My sister's baby sitter did that with my nieces (twins) and another girl. They ran around with no pants or anything on. It worked well. With nothing on, they quickly realized there was nothing at all to catch it if they had to go.

Probably would be better in summer than the dead of winter (cold tushies!) but you gotta do what you gotta do!

Our 2 y/o is starting to become a real bitch. That is all.

:laugh:

i'm sorry. i know this isn't really funny... but at the same time, it's kind of hilarious.

Yeah, I would say most of the time the Bug is actually fine, but she's 2.5 now and is...frustrating sometimes.

Birdie hit terrible twos at like 18 months and it lasted about 6 or 8 months. Rambo will be 3 in April and is still going skrong asshole mode. He's been tough since right at 2.

The Boy is 4.3 and has sucked since 1.5. Right now he's a big fan of doing something to get in trouble (usually harassing the Girl) and being punished and then yelling "NO BAD DADDY/MOMMY!!" Think one of these days Wife is going to have an aneurysm.

When Boy turned 4, one of my neighbors told Wife, "oh, 4-year-olds are just delightful." We still marvel at that statement.

2ce510a34384a83534b6138350f91d0f.jpg

3 yo is going through a "no, mommy do it" phase where I can't help do anything. Pajamas, bed time, getting in car, getting out of car, etc. If I get him out of his car seat and he didnt want me to he will freak the fuck out and want to get back into the car so his mom can get him out.

Drives me crazy.

3 yo is going through a "no, mommy do it" phase where I can't help do anything. Pajamas, bed time, getting in car, getting out of car, etc. If I get him out of his car seat and he didnt want me to he will freak the fuck out and want to get back into the car so his mom can get him out.

Drives me crazy.

I get that too with both kids. But occaaaaaaaaaisonally one of them will request that *I* do something and that's a good feeling and I'm all like:

d6a8770e-91a4-4a3a-8421-bdcd18236515.jpg

Car seats are the worst right now! The Bug basically wants to play in the car and sit in the front seat to "drive" and is a PITA to try to get into her car seat. We have to think of different bargaining tactics to get her in without doing too much bribing.

She's also going through a bit of a mommy thing right now (but not as intense as what yours is). She's never had any attachment issues in terms of not wanting to stay with the nanny when we go to work in the morning, but the last couple days she's been super clingy and bursting into tears when I leave. Its...odd.

Drives me crazy.

Yup. Birdie (5) went through this. It will occasionally pop back up at bedtime but it's mostly clear.

Drives me crazy.

You're complaining? Those are the times I enjoy most. "Sorry, he doesn't want me, your turn. If you need me I'll be on the couch."

haha the boy can be a pill sometimes I'm just like fine I'll leave you at wal mart parking lot sucka you want that?

Me and the wife got hit with the flu or food poisoning or something last night. Boy is fine. How do we survive?

E, S, and Mett had this last week. For them it only lasted one day. P and I didn't get it, thank Jeebus.

Back