• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

serious First world problem here but does anyone have experience getting headphones for toddlers or infants? wife wants to pick up some headphones for several lengthy flights coming up for our 1+ yr old, hopefully wired so she can watch videos.

We have these and they've been great
Mouska-riffic Headphones https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008KLC8LK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_AzJEybE8J0ZR2
They are very adjustable (my kids have small heads, don't let the volume go too loud, have lots of padding. They've worked and held up for 3+ years.

Boy is going to his first real movie tomorrow to see Sing with some friends. Most of them are older than him. I put the over/under on him getting nervous during the previews at 75/25. Wife is taking him with a bunch of her lady friends and kids. Curious to hear how it goes. Excited for the ME TIME ALONE. Some friends want to watch football so I'm debating joining them or just being ALONE In my house. Need to figure that part out.

We took the Bug to Sing as her first movie on Christmas Eve (she's 3.5). She sat in my SIL's lap the whole time so I'm not sure how figgity she got or how scared she was of anything, but she did sit the whole time. Warning though that the movie is almost 2 hours long.

Oh yeah I'm certain he will not last the whole time. I'm sure he will come home early, hopefully just have some fun with his buddies and see how it goes

We took the Bug to Sing as her first movie on Christmas Eve (she's 3.5). She sat in my SIL's lap the whole time so I'm not sure how figgity she got or how scared she was of anything, but she did sit the whole time. Warning though that the movie is almost 2 hours long.

S definitely fell asleep during Sing. Both of the boys do awesome at the movies though. Haven't tried with P but E has seen 5 and S 3. Was trying to think of what is out that we haven't seen for Monday, but I don't think there is anything

I'm not sure our kid has ever seen a whole movie, even at home. He watched a lot of Elf when we watched it one day and then had a nightmare... felt p good about that.

S definitely fell asleep during Sing. Both of the boys do awesome at the movies though. Haven't tried with P but E has seen 5 and S 3. Was trying to think of what is out that we haven't seen for Monday, but I don't think there is anything

How old are these movie going fellas?

I'm not sure our kid has ever seen a whole movie, even at home. He watched a lot of Elf when we watched it one day and then had a nightmare... felt p good about that.

Yeah, the Bug had never seen a full movie (at home, in the car, or elsewhere) before we took her to Sing at the theater - which was why we were very unsure of how she would do. We're not opposed to her seeing movies, but we just haven't really had a chance or need to sit down and watch (no flights or super long car trips or long sick days at home or anything). But I'm starting to want to show her some Disney movies soonish (not that she needs to be more obsessed with that stuff than she is already - as in she knows all the princesses and loves Anna and Elsa especially despite never seeing any of the movies)

Wakefield Anderson Baker spent his first evening with his Oma (grandmother) so we could go to a dinner party and not either take him or pay for a sitter. Incredible. He's 2.25 yo and she is 77. The older kids (10 and almost 9) were fine playing with the 7 yo kid of our friends, but young Bake would have been all in everything and generally causing us to have to tag team chasing him around and all that. My mom said he was perfect and they played and read books and watched some cartoons.

#liberated

Just got home from the return flight with my toddler. Flight out was flawless. Return flight, uh not good. Big tantrum and wrestling match on the descend because I would not let her walk to the front of the plane. Where's the bourbon?

Sing was a good half hour too long.

Wife knocked out teaching birdie to ride a bike in like 10 minutes today. It was impressive.

I got to explain nipples to my son this morning. His changing table thoughts/questions are more interesting than my adult shower thoughts.

How exactly did you explain nipples?

Back