• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Just the basics - their name, location, that there's typically two, that everyone has them etc.

A four year old came up to me while was changing:

Kid: Mommy has bigger muscles than you.
Me: Huh?
Kid: [points to my chest] Mommy has bigger muscles than you.
Me: Oh, those aren't muscles, those...uh...Yes, yes she does.

Wife is 8 months pregnant and This is Us is on tv. Disaster.

This is Us looks like the worst show on television. I have no interest whatsoever in watching it. My wife....feels the exact same way and that is why I married her.

eh. 06 is my brother. If he needs kleenex for anything, I don't want to hear/know about it.

To be fair wife can probably write something similar about me tonight. "He's watching wake forest blow another winnable game on tv. Disaster."

sure this has been discussed but our little guy will be moving out of the infant car seat in the next couple of months, any recommendations for front facing car seats?

sure this has been discussed but our little guy will be moving out of the infant car seat in the next couple of months, any recommendations for front facing car seats?

You mean the true infant seat? If so, he should be rear facing until at least 2 (and ideally longer than that if he will tolerate it). We have a couple of Evenflo seats and really like them - cheaper than some of the other big brands, but nicer than the really cheap ones.

You mean the true infant seat? If so, he should be rear facing until at least 2 (and ideally longer than that if he will tolerate it). We have a couple of Evenflo seats and really like them - cheaper than some of the other big brands, but nicer than the really cheap ones.

yep that's the plan, still rear facing for a few more months but want to get everything when its time to move. itll probably have to be a convertible as our infant car seat goes until 30lbs and he may exceed that before he is 2

By weight I think we could've gone until well past two, but by height I think she would've outgrown the infant seat sooner (and it just looked uncomfortable!).

So around the first birthday we switched from our infant seat to a convertible. Kept it rear-facing til a couple months after 2, then flipped it around. She still can ride in that one (and does in our lesser used car - and she's 3.5 now), but we have one of the bigger car seats that converts into a booster for her as well in our van.

Long story short - we've had Britax for both the convertible and the current one and like them both. I think maybe the Britax Marathon is our convertible? And I believe the current one is Britax Frontier.

I would recommend both.

And I always recommend checking out Lucie's List for product recs - https://www.lucieslist.com/gear-guides/best-convertible-car-seat/

By weight I think we could've gone until well past two, but by height I think she would've outgrown the infant seat sooner (and it just looked uncomfortable!).

So around the first birthday we switched from our infant seat to a convertible. Kept it rear-facing til a couple months after 2, then flipped it around. She still can ride in that one (and does in our lesser used car - and she's 3.5 now), but we have one of the bigger car seats that converts into a booster for her as well in our van.

Long story short - we've had Britax for both the convertible and the current one and like them both. I think maybe the Britax Marathon is our convertible? And I believe the current one is Britax Frontier.

I would recommend both.

And I always recommend checking out Lucie's List for product recs - https://www.lucieslist.com/gear-guides/best-convertible-car-seat/

For our other car (my wife's - the one he rides in the most), we have this one https://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Symp...-Paramount/dp/B00O8RRR2A/?tag=lucslis-20&th=1 which is the top rated seat on Lucie's List.

It, like the other one, goes rear, forward and converts to booster with a rating up to 110 lbs.

Just got this in the mail for Wormy. I presume based on my submission to the magazine about his birth.

Anyone know when they started doing this? I know the Bug had a magazine mention but she didn't get this in the mail.

d67736054d78c667cb02be930ceaaf41.jpg

Back