• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

By all means, reefer away. Just vacuum and mop and clean the bathrooms and kitchen, that's all I ask.

I've concluded that having a 2.5 year old and 5 month old is fucking HARD. Need like a full-time housekeeper

Yeah I am thinking that a 2.5 year old and a 1 month old is similar. I am home on mat leave and I still can't keep up with the vacuuming, floors and bathrooms. I doubt it's going to get better soon.

We had our kids 18 months apart, the old fashioned way.

I've concluded that having a 2.5 year old and 5 month old is fucking HARD. Need like a full-time housekeeper

How cute. Just wait until the 5 month old is walking/climbing around and your 3 year old is asking you "why?" 8 trillion times a day. I love my kids, and they are good kids, but holy shit, sometimes it just doesn't stop with them.

How cute. Just wait until the 5 month old is walking/climbing around and your 3 year old is asking you "why?" 8 trillion times a day. I love my kids, and they are good kids, but holy shit, sometimes it just doesn't stop with them.

Yep. You haven't lived until you've seen an 18 month old dive bomb his 4.5 year old brother.

I'm hoping that by the time the 5 month old is mobile, her big bro will tighten up and be less of a dick.

I think we're throwing in the towel and getting some help cleaning the house. Spending the whole weekend putting the house back together is just no fun, especially now that the grass is also growing like a sonuvabitch and I've now got to factor in yard work time.

Also, dudes, if y'all have tips for brushing a 2.5 year old's teeth, by all means share. Sometimes it goes okay, but most of the time he hates it and it is like he is being tortured. He reacts accordingly.

Also, dudes, if y'all have tips for brushing a 2.5 year old's teeth, by all means share. Sometimes it goes okay, but most of the time he hates it and it is like he is being tortured. He reacts accordingly.

I can confirm the year between 2.5 and 3.5 does not improve the situation.

I have an almost 3 month old who has survived mexican hospitals and snakes but refuses to sleep. It is fucking exhausting. dude has been up all day. Please sleep please just fucking sleep

I have an almost 3 month old who has survived mexican hospitals and snakes but refuses to sleep. It is fucking exhausting. dude has been up all day. Please sleep please just fucking sleep

3 years. It was 3 years before ours would sleep past 5:30am. She wouldn't go down for naps either. It is why she is an only child.

It gets better, it really does. My youngest used to drive us fucking bonkers with his sleep when he was a baby. Now he is four and his brother is seven and IF they wake up early on Saturday, they will will entertain each other or watch a show (taught my oldest how to use the DVR.....WIN!)and let us sleep until 9 or so. My wife feels guilty sometimes but not me....I fucking love it and those crazy bastards owe us some extra sleep for the next twenty years!

3 years. It was 3 years before ours would sleep past 5:30am. She wouldn't go down for naps either. It is why she is an only child.

Yeah we are at 3.5 and it's rare to get past 6. And lolol at sleeping until 7. It suuuuucks. Very LBH.

The sad thing is I'm so used to getting up early I can't even sleep in anymore. We were sans baby at a wedding this weekend and I woke up at 6:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. Horrible

My boys usually get up shortly after the sun does. Awesome after 8am wakings in the winter, horrible pre-7am in the summer.

My 4 year old still takes 1.5-2hr naps though, so I can catch a nap during that time, if need be.

Really kicking myself for not getting a PhD, black belt, and sommelier certification before we had a child- I just can't fathom what I did with all of that extra time and rest...

My boys usually get up shortly after the sun does. Awesome after 8am wakings in the winter, horrible pre-7am in the summer.

My 4 year old still takes 1.5-2hr naps though, so I can catch a nap during that time, if need be.

You need some blackout curtains in their bedroom. I put some in my daughter's room, primarily because it gets full afternoon sun and raises the temp five or six degrees in her room. The nice offshoot is that the sun no longer wakes her up.

Back