• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Not sure I get this. You're saying people make strollers more important than they are, but recommend getting 3 different strollers for 3 different situations.

Mine are almost 2 and almost 5 and we have a City Mini double stroller. We use it anywhere we are doing a lot of walking like Disney World. It's very agile, fits through any door, and has good storage space. You can buy hooks and baskets for it as well.

Nah, I mean people obsess about them when they aren't saving lives, they're functional for whatever you'd primarily use it. And really only advocate getting two: one for your primary use and one that is cheap, light, and you wouldn't be upset breaking or losing during travel.

Just my 2 cents, but I just don't think they are a big deal. My sister in law just had a kid and fretted about which stroller to get for a month or two. Seemed insane to me.

Nah, I mean people obsess about them when they aren't saving lives, they're functional for whatever you'd primarily use it. And really only advocate getting two: one for your primary use and one that is cheap, light, and you wouldn't be upset breaking or losing during travel.

Just my 2 cents, but I just don't think they are a big deal. My sister in law just had a kid and fretted about which stroller to get for a month or two. Seemed insane to me.

Gotcha. I agree with that. When we picked out the Cortina Keyfit for #1, we just wanted something that was easy to collapse. We were a little concerned about getting a double stroller #1 would want to ride in, but we went with him to Babies R Us and he immediately hopped in the City Mini and liked it. So that was that.

Our boys are both around the 99th percentile in height and weight so we want to avoid carrying them if at all possible.

Has anyone had a child (or know of a child) born with tracheomalacia? Doctor says most babies grow out of it and it's not a cause for concern right now, but it's still scaring the hell out of us.

By double stroller do y'all mean side by side?

Because I was at the mall this weekend and those things are miserable in a crowd.

By double stroller do y'all mean side by side?

Because I was at the mall this weekend and those things are miserable in a crowd.

That's one kind of double stroller. Others are front and back.

Ha

Who cares if baby is the size of a grape, lemon, mango, etc. This is the good stuff!

10256560_10152135192207087_3368790784579826510_n.jpg

So my daughter had her first game in her 2nd season of little league today. They have moved on from using a tee to having the coach pitch. Her first at-bat and she made pretty solid contact getting the ball out a little past the pitchers mound. The funny thing was, she did this before her slow-trot to 1st base:

gattisflip.gif

Last edited:
LOL why is Google saying that there is a Buy Buy Baby in Scales on campus?

Did those of you with multiple kids change to a double stroller when you had your second?

We have a double jogger and an in-line sit and stand (so the younger is in the stroller and the older can hop on or off the back that has a platform to stand on/ seat to sit on. It was great for the zoo, etc places where the older didn't really need a stroller the whole time.

3 kids - 2 years between each one

Use a timer. It is probably more effective once they start brushing on their own, but it could help if they have something to focus on to show them when they will be done. My daughter had a tea timer for a while, but later replaced it with a stopwatch she picked up somewhere. She is absolutely intent on brushing for the full two minutes and she gets a kick out of seeing how long overall she has brushed for (she doesn't reset the timer when she is done).

Bumping the thread to say that we started using a timer on the iPad that our daughter can start herself and now she effing loves brushing her teeth. Go figure. Say Hey, if you are not died yet, you may want to try it.

We went to the dentist yesterday and the toothbrush he sent is home with had an ad for the Disney oral b timer app. I wondered if it would help.

I don't know if this specifically was asked or if people just asked for ped recommendations in GSO but I can't find that part of this thread. I remember Chic's rec but who else do you guys use? How did you go about finding one? The practice that I go to has a peds section so I could just do that but I want to look them up and don't really know where to start.

ETA: We're near UNCG in GSO and all of our current drs are Eagle Physicians so looking for someone in our area/not too far away.

I don't know if this specifically was asked or if people just asked for ped recommendations in GSO but I can't find that part of this thread. I remember Chic's rec but who else do you guys use? How did you go about finding one? The practice that I go to has a peds section so I could just do that but I want to look them up and don't really know where to start.

ETA: We're near UNCG in GSO and all of our current drs are Eagle Physicians so looking for someone in our area/not too far away.

We really like Dr Dees at Northwest Peds.

I hear she's nuts.

Brian O'Kelley at Greensboro Pediatricians. They are on Elam right near Wesley Long.

Back