• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

FB post from one of my friends about his 8ish year old son:

Adding to my father of the year resume. Upon hearing we are going to the store:
Boy: Fucking store!
‪#‎wherethefuckdoeshegetthisfrom

I bet the Squirrel says fucking shit like this.

Taking a 1 year old out to LA for Thanksgiving. I know it's a terrible decision, but my little brother just moved out there and wants us to visit, my parents are willing to pay for all of the kids + spouses, and the resort looks awesome.

I should feel terrible that I'll be on a separate flight since everyone is flying in the morning and I have a trial that day, but I can't help but feel a little relieved that my wife is going to be the recipient of frustrated stares and I'll be pounding bud lights and watching movies.

Anyone know of an ice cream truck that still runs in Winston? My daughter heard one this evening, but was crestfallen when it didn't come back around. That is the first time I've heard one over here in a couple years. I told my daughter that we had ice cream at the house and I'd even let her pay me for it, but she didn't find that very amusing.

Sounds like a teachable moment about disappointment in life. Maybe she can grab her bootstraps and start her own ice cream truck business.

Our 8 year old was doing her spelling assignment and we were helping her think up sentences and the next word was 'poison' and a spontaneous a capella Bell Biv Devoe rendition busted out and she just looked at us like complete kooks while we top rocked in the den. good times

Anyone know of an ice cream truck that still runs in Winston? My daughter heard one this evening, but was crestfallen when it didn't come back around. That is the first time I've heard one over here in a couple years. I told my daughter that we had ice cream at the house and I'd even let her pay me for it, but she didn't find that very amusing.

There is one in Ardmore, with a facebook page called Ardmore Ice Cream & Sundries. I think you can sort of summon them via facebook when they're out and about, if you live in the area.

Our 8 year old was doing her spelling assignment and we were helping her think up sentences and the next word was 'poison' and a spontaneous a capella Bell Biv Devoe rendition busted out and she just looked at us like complete kooks while we top rocked in the den. good times

My wife dragged me to see Justin Timberlake a few months ago, and he broke out Poison about 2/3 of the way through his set. The place went apeshit, it was easily the best song of the show.

So about every three days or so I have a total "Holy shit I am gonna have a kid" moment. These are typically when I am acting like a child myself or do something that makes me go "hmmm maybe I shouldn't be in charge of another person." It is always an excitement mixed with "holy shit."

So about every three days or so I have a total "Holy shit I am gonna have a kid" moment. These are typically when I am acting like a child myself or do something that makes me go "hmmm maybe I shouldn't be in charge of another person." It is always an excitement mixed with "holy shit."

That feeling hasn't gone away yet for me, that damn, "i am someone's mom, they let me take care of people" feeling.

hired a babysitter last Saturday to take my older son out to the park and eat dinner so my wife and I could watch football in peace. planning on doing the same thing this weekend....

hired a babysitter last Saturday to take my older son out to the park and eat dinner so my wife and I could watch football in peace. planning on doing the same thing this weekend....

Really? Are you a Miss St or Ole Miss fan?

Same here. 5 weeks away. Having fun getting my yah yahs out before he comes but honestly I wish he would come today I can't wait to meet him.

Back