• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

The name Bodhi has just crossed my Facebook life.

Columbus-Bodhi-Double-IPA.png

So about every three days or so I have a total "Holy shit I am gonna have a kid" moment. These are typically when I am acting like a child myself or do something that makes me go "hmmm maybe I shouldn't be in charge of another person." It is always an excitement mixed with "holy shit."

We are 5 weeks in and the holy shit I have a kid forever moments were major during the first month. Not gonna lie there were definitely a few what the hell did I do I'm never gonna be able to sleep or do anything fun moments too. As the mom I think it's magnified by the fact that I can't be away from the baby for more than an hour or so unless there is pumped milk in the fridge. I'm very happy with our choice to breastfeed but damn that shit is hard being the sole nutrition source. There was a major turning point for me at a month where things got not so overwhelming.

We are 5 weeks in and the holy shit I have a kid forever moments were major during the first month. Not gonna lie there were definitely a few what the hell did I do I'm never gonna be able to sleep or do anything fun moments too. As the mom I think it's magnified by the fact that I can't be away from the baby for more than an hour or so unless there is pumped milk in the fridge. I'm very happy with our choice to breastfeed but damn that shit is hard being the sole nutrition source. There was a major turning point for me at a month where things got not so overwhelming.

Being a parent is awesome and all that jazz but the no sleep thing is defs a thing. You'll have prolonged periods where you will feel like a zombie.

YO Ph am I raciost if I don't like The Backyardigans?

PABLO4LYFE

That show is fun for awhile. Tunes that are catchy as shit, but it's just missing something and my son grew out of it quickly.

My oldest really liked it. My 2 year old is missing out on the little kids shows. At 2, my oldest was watching Backyardigans, Dora, Wonder Pets, etc. Now my little one is into Star Wars Rebels.

We've cut down on TV pretty hard since my son was born. They watch Peppa Pig in the morning while we are getting ready and my daughter will watch a movie on the weekends while my son naps. My boy really just doesn't have much interest in the TV. Sucks because sometimes it really is a great 20 minute babysitter while you have to do things that little ones can't help with.

The Squirrel is completely enthralled by TVs and ceiling fans. I know the latter is very common, but I'm getting concerned about the former. Had to turn off SC this morning while I was giving a bottle because he was concentrating on the screen.

My mom has a great story where right after she had Doofus and me and everyone was leaving the room, she grabbed my aunt and started to cry and said "what are we going to do....THERE'S TWO OF THEM!??!?!!"

Lol

I survived my first whole night away from S (actually 2). E was 18 months and weaned before I left him so this was definitely a new experience. Not looking forward to 4 days in Denver next month

The Squirrel is completely enthralled by TVs and ceiling fans. I know the latter is very common, but I'm getting concerned about the former. Had to turn off SC this morning while I was giving a bottle because he was concentrating on the screen.

Be careful on the TV front. Infants can't actually see anything but the rapid changes on TV screens and there are a lot of links between infant screen time and attention problems later in life.

Be careful on the TV front. Infants can't actually see anything but the rapid changes on TV screens and there are a lot of links between infant screen time and attention problems, language issues etc. later in life.

http://www.healthychildren.org/English/family-life/Media/Pages/Why-to-Avoid-TV-Before-Age-2.aspx

There are also studies that show that infants who were dropped on their heads a lot wind up making the same message board post in secession.

We've cut down on TV pretty hard since my son was born. They watch Peppa Pig in the morning while we are getting ready and my daughter will watch a movie on the weekends while my son naps. My boy really just doesn't have much interest in the TV. Sucks because sometimes it really is a great 20 minute babysitter while you have to do things that little ones can't help with.

Dude...Peppa Pig is unbearable. My two year old likes Bubble Guppies, Dora and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Back