• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

My kids are both giants.

Same here. The oldest is very tall. He wears size 8-10 clothes at 5 years old.

He told me tonight that kids at school he doesn't know call him "The Heavy Boy." They think he weighs 100 pounds. He actually weighs about 62.

Somewhere, LK's youngest is sitting back and laughing at all of this talk about "big kids" as he laces up his size 25 shoe and steps in to his 55" inseam pants.

For serious. When we started talking with Mrs. LK about fitting in a third carseat and I said E wasn't close to weighting enough for a booster, it kind of blew her mind since there's a 2 month age difference.

wtf is Daniel Tiger?

So the 7 year old had his first little league game yesterday. Coach-pitch, every kid gets a hit no strikeouts. Admittedly I rolled my eyes when I heard that was the case, but now that I have been to a game Im cool with it. The kids had a blast and there was a lot of action.

Daniel Tiger is a PBS Kids show that is a reincarnation of Mister Rogers.

Daniel Tiger is great. Total earworm songs that somehow teach solid lessons.

"If you have to go potty, stop and go right away" was clutch during potty training. "Grown ups come back" was helpful too.

Looking for pediatrician and daycare recs in Winston, please!

We don't go to them, but everyone I know who goes to Ford Simpson Lively Rice loves it there. I know a few of the docs there and can vouch for them being really good people.

Daycare recs probably depends more on where you are looking.

So from time to time my Boy will pee in the backyard. Like, he'll be out there playing, and will just whip it out and pee on the grass. The dog is a bad influence. Yesterday though, he was out in the front yard, I was doing something in the garage, Wife walks out and discovers that he dropped a huge deuce right in the front yard. She caught him pulling his pants up and he was smiling so damn big, like the cat that ate the canary. I didn't even know what to say.

just skimmed through some of the thread i missed.

love that the first kid gets so many pro sittings. kid number 2 gets far less.

good kids crafts of course. should be a billion websites.

what do you say when your kid takes his talents to south beach in the front yard? once you stop laughing, i'm guessing you tell him not to do it gain. maybe get the hose.

so great pics on the thread congrats to you all. however, i must admit that i can not stand those flower head band things for little girls. i have an extreme (and, ok, maybe irrational) dislike of them and refused to put them on my daughter.

So from time to time my Boy will pee in the backyard. Like, he'll be out there playing, and will just whip it out and pee on the grass. The dog is a bad influence. Yesterday though, he was out in the front yard, I was doing something in the garage, Wife walks out and discovers that he dropped a huge deuce right in the front yard. She caught him pulling his pants up and he was smiling so damn big, like the cat that ate the canary. I didn't even know what to say.

What a monster. No wonder your neighbors don't want to bring out their pure, innocent, angelic little thing and be badly influenced by your SATAN DEUCE CHILD.

Vigorous high five.

Was that wrong?

hqdefault.jpg

We don't go to them, but everyone I know who goes to Ford Simpson Lively Rice loves it there. I know a few of the docs there and can vouch for them being really good people.

Daycare recs probably depends more on where you are looking.

Wake grad from my class Amy Yoder is in this group. Very sweet and super bright.

so great pics on the thread congrats to you all. however, i must admit that i can not stand those flower head band things for little girls. i have an extreme (and, ok, maybe irrational) dislike of them and refused to put them on my daughter.

Daughter turns 8 months on Friday, nary a flowery head band has touched her head. Hate those things. The photographer brought some for her newborn shots and started to put one on and we said No!

Daniel Tiger is great. Total earworm songs that somehow teach solid lessons.

"If you have to go potty, stop and go right away" was clutch during potty training. "Grown ups come back" was helpful too.

My little one has been great with #1. He tells us about #2 after the fact. Still ahead of his big bro's pace.

Speaking of, he's done the whip out on the grass before. The public playground by his school has no bathroom. One time my wife told him to just pee on the grass. She doesn't understand that you can't just teach a boy to pee on the grass, because that's just too much freedom. When we go to that playground, he'll just run off and drop his pants and go for it, sometimes not even that far away from the other kids. She has apologized.

Back