• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

Loud walkers in general is a good one. My sister is super skinny, yet sounds like a Clydesdale on hardwood floors.

Has anyone mentioned “people who pay with a fucking check at the grocery store”?

I can't remember the last time I saw someone pay with a check at a grocery store. It has to have been at least twenty years.

I was behind a woman paying with a check a few weeks ago. It was a clown show.

Yeah. Checks are acceptable practice at the grocery stores in my town. It's apparently still 1859 here.

Every merchant in London takes Apple Pay, including the Tube - its glorious. No need for your wallet to ever leave your pocket.

People using coupons at drive thru windows. A few weeks ago this happened to me at Wendy's.

We should start a spousal pet peeve thread. When I wake up earlier than my wife, I'm tiptoeing around as quietly as possible. When the situation is reversed, she's stomping across the floor like a fucking T-Rex.

My wife is pretty good but insists on leaving all the bedroom doors open when taking care of the baby in the early morning.

She promises it’s not on purpose.

People using coupons at drive thru windows. A few weeks ago this happened to me at Wendy's.

Why is that bad? You can only use 1. The coupon cutters at the grocery store who have one for all 51 items in the cart however...

Also, my wife flips the pillows every single morning when making the bed so the one I sleep on is behind the other one I just keep behind me against the headboard. She says the bed looks better that way. I have to change them back every single night. She 100% is just messing with me at this point.

I get annoyed sometimes at the language that my wife uses to express herself through text. Last night, she sent "Neither of the girls have napped today. I'm really suffering right now." Suffering. I'm like, damn, woman, you ain't in Afghanistan. Let's be a little more moderate in our descriptors please.

We should start a spousal pet peeve thread. When I wake up earlier than my wife, I'm tiptoeing around as quietly as possible. When the situation is reversed, she's stomping across the floor like a fucking T-Rex.

Yep. I don't know why you need to open and close 8 cabinet doors to make a pot of coffee at 6:00am.

People who call, leave a VM and request a call back but have a full or nonexistent voice mailbox.

Back