• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

my MIL specializes in emptying the dishwasher at 6 am

When I'm at my MIL's house she gives zero fucks for people who may still be asleep. ZERO. I get it, she's used to having the house to herself, but she'll fire up the goddamn snowblower and clear off the driveway and sidewalk right outside our window at 5:30 am. It's brutal.

When someone responds to an email and calls me by my last name. I assume this happens because the email system shows the name as Last, First (and my last name is occasionally a first name, but it's not super common). My actual email address is first.last@company.com, and my email signature clearly identifies my first name. This should not be hard.

Holy shit yes on this one. I went with a shortened version of my first name in an effort to head this off but people just keep emailing me, calling me Dan. Even though Daniel is my last name. Assholes.

Also, my wife flips the pillows every single morning when making the bed so the one I sleep on is behind the other one I just keep behind me against the headboard. She says the bed looks better that way. I have to change them back every single night. She 100% is just messing with me at this point.

My wife hates the pillow I sleep on. She has accidentally grabbed it in her sleep and thrown it back at me more than once.

But it's the best one of the four for putting under her ass when I'm plowin' it.

Holy shit yes on this one. I went with a shortened version of my first name in an effort to head this off but people just keep emailing me, calling me Dan. Even though Daniel is my last name. Assholes.

fuck off DAN

My wife is up a good 2-3 hours earlier than me most days (especially on the weekends), and whether she is taking care of the baby, grinding coffee beans to brew some coffee, making a smoothie, or emptying the dishwasher, I genuinely don't give a shit because she's saving me from having to do any of that before 8am. Our master bedroom is right next to the kitchen too. Y'all are just ungrateful.

I get annoyed sometimes at the language that my wife uses to express herself through text. Last night, she sent "Neither of the girls have napped today. I'm really suffering right now." Suffering. I'm like, damn, woman, you ain't in Afghanistan. Let's be a little more moderate in our descriptors please.

*has napped. I could see why that would be annoying...

People considering typing or grammar on an internet board.

So is an internet board some kind of alternate universe where the rules of ordered society don't apply? Good to know!

How many people (other than me) here do you think would say the sames things they post or tag to the person's face that they publish here?

Until people don't act in this most basic way, everything else is secondary.

I'm down for getting rid of anonymous rep. I don't understand why we're so dedicated to protecting the anonymity of assholes who make the boards a pretty shitty place for some people (and I say this as somebody who has left and removed some shitty tags in my day).

Another area where RJ and I actually agree on something.

I'm down for getting rid of anonymous rep. I don't understand why we're so dedicated to protecting the anonymity of assholes who make the boards a pretty shitty place for some people (and I say this as somebody who has left and removed some shitty tags in my day).

wait what? Rep isn’t anonymous.

Are you just talking about the tags? I agree amazingly shitty things get posted down there.

we have anonymous rep? how do you do that

Complaints about certain users’ posts are less about nitpicking grammar and typos and more about entire missing words or garbled phrases that detract from the overall meaning. Which speaks to the level of care a poster puts into communicating their thoughts and accordingly, the level of consideration the reader should give them.

Back