• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

People who spell queue, as que. This happens like 50% of the time I think.

source.gif

I can’t picture 2and2 enjoying a peanut butter and jelly smoothie.

People standing on the narrow escalator just so they can use that 20 seconds to look at their phone more.
People not grasping the concept of using both doors in a double door set up.
People not paying attention and staring at their phones as they walk across campus.
People.

When you're leaving a building with double doors, you always use both? I'd say I rarely do, unless I want the whole "busting outta here " vibe leaving the office.

Nah, it's more of an issue if you have people coming in both directions and people on the other side are waiting to use the door the other people are leaving/entering rather than just opening the other door.

Seems like instead of spelling bees and rote memorization, we could be teaching our kids some of this shit at an early age.

"OK Tyler, the elevator doors are about to open and people need to get off. You can a) shove your way on immediately, b) wait until everyone is off, or c) the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell."

People standing on the narrow escalator just so they can use that 20 seconds to look at their phone more.
People not grasping the concept of using both doors in a double door set up.
People not paying attention and staring at their phones as they walk across campus.
People.

Tangentially related- when places of business have double doors and only one of them is unlocked. Happens all the damn time and it just irritates the shit out of me.

Tangentially related- when places of business have double doors and only one of them is unlocked. Happens all the damn time and it just irritates the shit out of me.

Awful. Even when there are doors I’m used to this being the case I have the occasional “try to open the right door to no avail” issue.

Speaking of doors, it should be a law that every public restroom's exit door pushes outward w/o having to touch a handle or knob.

people seemingly incapable of answering more than one question in an email, so you have to ask them one at a time

When you state an opinion and someone else goes “correct”. Like somehow they are the end all validators of what’s right and wrong. Drives me insane.

People that send four emails back to back, when they could of easily sent one.

Back