• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

When you state an opinion and someone else goes “correct”. Like somehow they are the end all validators of what’s right and wrong. Drives me insane.

It bothers you when people agree with you ?

piggybacking on that, when people think it's pretentious to point out basic grammatical things any educated person should know. examples include:

there/their/they're
its/it's
your/you're
have/of
affect/effect

Members of my wife’s family use “supposably”

I have a neighbor that does this. Older guy in his 60s, and too nice of a guy to correct. It feels like he says it every 30th word though, which makes me wonder if it's intentional.

I have a neighbor that does this. Older guy in his 60s, and too nice of a guy to correct. It feels like he says it every 30th word though, which makes me wonder if it's intentional.

For all intensive purposes he’s fine

piggybacking on that, when people think it's pretentious to point out basic grammatical things any educated person should know. examples include:

there/their/they're
its/it's
your/you're
have/of
affect/effect

“Well you know how those college boys are. Never worked for a thing in their life.”

Seemingly educated, intelligent people that call those golf-course-marauding birds Canadian geese. I have to try so hard not to correct them.

canadian geese fly to america to have their babies, thus creating american canadian geese. trump will fix this

I say Canadian Geese. Canada geese sounds weird to me. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever heard someone call them that out loud. Would be like saying France fries instead of French fries.

Back