• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

is chicken & dumplings a southern thing
I think it is, but I'm not about to google it and confirm.

Big Sunday after church meal vibes (my family did not partake). Last time I had it was at the JONAS BROTHERS restaurant in Belmont, NC (very southern menu/theme) and it was pretty subpar.

I think it is, but I'm not about to google it and confirm.

Big Sunday after church meal vibes (my family did not partake). Last time I had it was at the JONAS BROTHERS restaurant in Belmont, NC (very southern menu/theme) and it was pretty subpar.
Nellie's Kitchen blows in general. Though at least it is in the real Belmont and not Biff's fake "Belmont neighborhood". Nonetheless, southern chicken & dumplings died when Gus' Sir Beef went under.

Terrible, and not just terrible but unclear. Chicky dumps, sans 'and', could easily be chicken dumplings... which are very different from chicken AND dumplings.
I'll clarify with her. Maybe she's saying Chick y Dumps, which would be more correct

People who are very close to their cameras during online meetings. I don't want to feel like I am inches away from your face.

Speaking of zoom meetings:
-- people that forget to mute themselves
-- "can you see my screen?"
-- when a meeting ends, everyone on the call saying, "bye, thank you" awkwardly

i have always wanted to end phone calls like people do in movies and TV where you simply hang up at the end of a sentence instead of courteously saying goodbye or something else to announce your impending disengagement

i have always wanted to end phone calls like people do in movies and TV where you simply hang up at the end of a sentence instead of courteously saying goodbye or something else to announce your impending disengagement
answer the call "is it done?" listen for the response, think about it for a second, hang up.

Just make it a standard rule in your company, all emails end with "All pleasantries are assumed."

I love that in my current role I am interacting with vp level people more and more than don't even sign their name to an email. Maybe a hi dummy and right to the point. Then hit send. It's starting to expand. This is actually trickle down working.

I love that in my current role I am interacting with vp level people more and more than don't even sign their name to an email. Maybe a hi dummy and right to the point. Then hit send. It's starting to expand. This is actually trickle down working.

hear, hear. entirely too much time wasted on pleasantries in emails

I've always hated when people sign an email with just an initial. Seems weirdly intimate.

Back