• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

I've seen people who do it justify by saying when you leave it's a quick exit and people don't have to wait on you. Yeah, but people are waiting on you to back out so you can take their space. When you back in we have to wait for you to do it and then try to find a space.

there are like 3-4 job application platforms (WorkDay, UKG, etc). you have to create a log-in for each one and go through the same rigamarole each time to upload your resume/cover letter, have the fields populate, fill out the EEOC questions, etc. should be a way to use your same WorkDay login across the platform and you can tailor what's on there for the job rather than starting from scratch each time.

oh, and also, you spend all that time applying the least they can do is get back to you with a no.
I feel ya. Job hunting sucks but you can come out better off.

there are like 3-4 job application platforms (WorkDay, UKG, etc). you have to create a log-in for each one and go through the same rigamarole each time to upload your resume/cover letter, have the fields populate, fill out the EEOC questions, etc. should be a way to use your same WorkDay login across the platform and you can tailor what's on there for the job rather than starting from scratch each time.

oh, and also, you spend all that time applying the least they can do is get back to you with a no.

Filling out an application at all is mostly pointless. Just point to a linkedin profile and call it a day.

ironically the one interview I've had so far is from emailing a cover letter and resume.

Pretty sure all new cars have that setting but old cars not so much. Basically your peeve is “poor people.”
lol well then obviously you can tell I've never had a "new" car. But yea I figured as much. I just get annoyed when people drive around in the rain with their parking lights on or something. Like it's a weakness to admit you need headlights.

That said, I'm getting a "new-ish" car soon (2021). I've only ever had 2 cars in my life. One was 5 years old when I turned 16, and then the one I currently have now, I got about 5 years ago and it's a 2004. I'll get to have the coveted Satellite Radio and backup camera now!! WOOHOO!

I think I said this in the thread when it was started a decade ago, but people who say "sammiches" or "sammies".

Talk like a god damn human instead of a 4 year old.

Also, I went back 2 pages and see somebody else also had, what I thought to be, this very specific pet peeve. Good to know.
Need a ruling on something. I made chicken and dumplings for dinner last night and my wife calls it chicky dumps. Are we good or does that get into sammies territory?

This is making me want to get some ZA for lunch.

ZA = PIZZA !

Need a ruling on something. I made chicken and dumplings for dinner last night and my wife calls it chicky dumps. Are we good or does that get into sammies territory?
Terrible, and not just terrible but unclear. Chicky dumps, sans 'and', could easily be chicken dumplings... which are very different from chicken AND dumplings.

Terrible, and not just terrible but unclear. Chicky dumps, sans 'and', could easily be chicken dumplings... which are very different from chicken AND dumplings.
You're right.

Chicken & Dumplings - Chicky and Dump Dumps
Chicken Dumplings - Chicky Dumps

Back